Leatt Brace repair. Where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heimer

Gentleman Dog
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
A few months ago MoederYster fell at about 120 on the tar. No damage to her, but some to the bike and some of her gear. (Pants, gloves, etc)

She was sliding along on her backside in the sitting position, using her legs to stop her from hitting the GS. When she felt her backside warming up, she threw herself onto her back.

The BMW jacket had no damage, but the leatt brace took a hit. A bigger hit than what we thought.

We did not notice at the time that the leatt brace got damaged much - only seeing the scrape marks at the back.

It seems the brace did take a hammering and has a broken part. I went though it at the time and saw nothing. After our recent trip, I saw the cracked part which had separated from the screw that still held it in place. The brace felt loose and I discovered the damage.

Questions: Does the brace need to be replaced, or can it be repaired? And if it can be repaired, where do I take it?

We replaced some kit under an insurance claim. Is it too late to also go this route with the brace? It is about 3 months ago

Pictures:
1. The back of the brace, showing the scratches and the cracked part at the top right at the screw.
2. Close up of the broken part.
3. The left (good) left side for comparison.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    80.4 KB
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    110.3 KB
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    162.7 KB

Latest posts