Lekker oppie Weskus...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston Pete

Teach Peace
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Gee Gas fes at Picketberg, quad races & dirt bikes but i got there as they left. No pics as i had to visit the bar....watched the gymkana though! ;D DS outrides etc . Spit braais & dancing. Lekker gekuier ;)

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    36.3 KB
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    25.4 KB
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    23.4 KB
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    37.5 KB
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    34.5 KB
After a very busy Saterday the real riding started the Sunday morning! Johan took my up to Kapteinskloof towards Aurora. It was pretty misty part of the way but the countryside is stunning. We have had good rain in the area ;D Its a blessing as this is patat, wheat & fruit territory so someone always needs a wettie! The dirt had turned to mud & some farmers roads were impassable.

Attachments

• 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    22.7 KB
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    32.5 KB
  • 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    36.8 KB
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    39.4 KB
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    34.1 KB
The previous pics were without Johan as he had to go back to the hotel. I made my way to Veldrift on this spectacular road. I have not ridden much in the wet however my riding skills took a big leap forward....along with faith in myself & newfound respect of my orange machine. The pics are limited as i was hanging onto the bars & listening to the little people in my head....saying "stand up, look up, & OPEN UP". Fuck, what a rush...i got to Veldrift soaked with sweat. Had some nice sherry & calamari at the Bokkemsbedruif. This is my fishing & playing grounds on the water as weel & was nice to go by bike for a change. Jilly runs an authentic place & its worth a visit....

Attachments

• 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    35.5 KB
  • 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    43.7 KB
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    25.7 KB
  • 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    28.2 KB
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    26.4 KB
I then burn't it on tar to ST Helena Bay where i picked up a nice track to Paternoster to check out some panties (Cappie...kyk mooi nou!)  It was duk mud in places & i was chuffed i did not fall off. Went pass a Camper type Landy like they were in reverse. Funny how you dont realise the speed you are actually doing sometimes! :eek:
Had a nice cold beer in the legendary pub & a lekker chat with the locals & folk up from CT. By this time i had a severe sweat built up & was shaking from the ride....people are bound to talk to you!

Attachments

• 065.JPG
    065.JPG
    28.9 KB
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    46 KB
  • 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    47.3 KB
  • 069.JPG
    069.JPG
    43.9 KB
  • 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    33.7 KB
Nice one PP, was wondering how your riding was this weekend, glad you had fun.
Thanks for sharing and now all that needs to happen is for you to take us on some of those new roads that you were shown.  ;D

Nie geweet Paternoster het n "pantie boutique" nie   ;D

Ek was duidelik jarre laas daar.

XT660R said:
Nice one Piston Pete ! Did u meet my friend Nick and ride up with him ?
Ya...we met in Malmsbury &rode up on tar in the rain. Nice couple & am invited to pop in. We must go !

Another pub....

Attachments

• 073.JPG
    073.JPG
    38.4 KB
  • 077.JPG
    077.JPG
    45.9 KB
  • 081.JPG
    081.JPG
    36.3 KB
  • 085.JPG
    085.JPG
    34.3 KB
  • 086.JPG
    086.JPG
    38.7 KB
Riebeeker said:
Nice report PP. Lekker snotterigge paaie!

I just could not take pics of all the roads! There were lots of patches by cow paddocks where all the crap drains over the road & its uber MUCKY. You know what its like with momentum!
You guys missed out on a fabulous days riding but next time ok.

Hiya Pistonpete

I'm a touch worried about all the pics of the pubs - how much riding did you really get done?

Only joking only joking..... >:D >:D >:D

It looks like it was great.

Extreme Velcro said:
Hiya Pistonpete

I'm a touch worried about all the pics of the pubs - how much riding did you really get done?

Only joking only joking..... >:D >:D >:D

It looks like it was great.

You would be surprised at how much ridin' got done! The pub thing was just point of destination/tourism info ......