Longmore Forest Saturday 17 Jan 09

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fugly

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So Fugly and Rone decide to do the Elands River Road from the Patensie side on Saturday morning. On the way, Rone decided to take a right at a corner farm stall just before Hankey which led us to the entrance to Longmore Forest.
Boy am I glad he did. The kind guard at the gate, after a chat with Rone, decided that it would not be a problem to let us through and Iâ??m really glad that he did.
The first stop was at a river crossing which gave us an idea of what was to follow.
P1130324.jpg

P1130326.jpg

Roneâ??s waiting patiently in the distance.
P1130325.jpg

And again we were off and came across some beautiful scenery. Note the no unauthorised entry sign. At least we had our lights on  :thumleft:
P1130328.jpg

P1130329.jpg

P1130332.jpg

Fugly then could not help himself and raced ahead to explore. Hereâ??s Rone coming up the hill.
P1130333.jpg

We stopped several times to take in the scenery.
P1130338.jpg

P1130341.jpg

P1130346.jpg

And again we were offâ?¦. The gravel was heavy and slippery in many places and the occasional sand pit did tend to catch you unaware  :evil6:
P1130347.jpg

Another stop and some more pics.
P1130349.jpg

P1130350.jpg

P1130356.jpg

P1130361.jpg

P1130362.jpg

Rone again negotiating some nice twisties and taking in the beauty of the forest.
P1130365.jpg

And there were lots of those.
P1130378.jpg

P1130379.jpg

All of a sudden Rone guns the engine and raced past, it took me a few moments to realise that he had seen some family members up ahead and wanted to say hi :pot:
P1130384.jpg

Some more scenery.
P1130381.jpg

P1130387.jpg

We finaly came across the washed out road and bridge which we did manage to cross. Rone had to walk his bike over, Fugly just made good use of his bashplate and again it was nice to have seen the repairs in progress.
P1130389.jpg

P1130390.jpg

P1130391.jpg

P1130393.jpg

P1130394.jpg

P1130396.jpg

It was a nice early morning outing with good fun roads to ride!

TerrorSA said:
Nice ride,when are you doing again  :drif:

Soon - The family is missing me aready - need to go back. We took the short route as we wanted to be back early. Next time we will do the long route. There is so much to explore that u actually have to go back and back and back and back........... well you get the idea. Will let u know.

Man I wish we had roads like that in gauteng! :-[

Didn't realise we had so many great riding spots so close. Great ride and glad to have seen Rones family members. :thumleft: :imaposer: :thumleft:

DRAZIL said:
Didn't realise we had so many great riding spots so close. Great ride and glad to have seen Rones family members. :thumleft: :imaposer: :thumleft:
Man you should have seen the ones with the beers in hand! They ran when they saw thirsty Fugly :drif:

Some shots of that section before they decided to cement it .....

Attachments

• J.jpg
    J.jpg
    142.4 KB
  • K.jpg
    K.jpg
    114.3 KB
Kewl ride guys what is with the standing up on footpegs all the time are you guys BMW wannabes  ???  :imaposer:

redtiger said:
Kewl ride guys what is with the standing up on footpegs all the time are you guys BMW wannabes  ???  :imaposer:

Just a bad habit we carried over from the BMW offroad course ;D

Roné said:
redtiger said:

Just a bad habit we carried over from the BMW offroad course ;D

He obviously doesn't learn well, I only caught him standing once  :mwink:

Latest posts