Looking for XT660z Tenere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rover3

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Howzit guys

End of last year I wrote off my gs 800 and now I need a new bike. I am really considering the XT660z, or I will just get another gs800. It seems like th XT will do what my 800 could do plus a bit more off road.
I have looked at 2 already and I went to check out a new one at the dealers. FUUUUUUCK this was frustrating. The first dealer only have one and none to test ride. How do they expect you to buy something without testing it? I left the second dealer after 15 minutes of standing around, nobody looked in my direction nobody asked to help nobody gave a fuck.

So can you guys help and give some opinions and share your knowledge.
I commute 80km a day.
Every now and then I would like to play with it off-road.
Long weekends away to Lesotho, Swaziland and Bots with a  pillion and luggage.
Once a year go on a long tour into africa with pillion and luggage.

My 800 did all of this quite good although It lacked a bit in the off road department. Will the XT do all of this? Basically I am looking for a 990 but that can commute and doesn't have the fuel consumption of an old V8 so in my minds eye the tenere is the closest to this combination.
Also tell me what to look out for when looking at second hand ones and also tell me if you know of one that is for sale. I want to check out as many as possible.
Cool cool
Thanks ouens