Loosing my V-card, a journey.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breytec

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
So ja, okes, we all know the story.  Dream about buying a bike and just ride off into the distance, with untamed roads in your gun sights.  Me and a vriend, call him, VO(yes like the brandy) both took the plunge and got ourselves a bike, yster perd, satan steed or whatever with this in mind.  This was in October 2010. Ended up riding the bikes to work, skieting past all the slowing moving traffic on their way to Medupi Power station construction site.  And if you work at the Medupi site, reading this, yes, VO and me is one of those d*#se skieting past you in the moring on our bikes.

But this of course was not enough to statisfy our ever growing appetite to go and just "ry die blerrie ding", as a lot of you would testify.

Beers were ordered, maps taken out, dates set. Permission asked from my and VO's better halfs.  Granted, of course with a few clauses and we had lift off!!! ;D

Day 1

In a century old biking tradition, we met each other at the filling station.  The course for today would be heading northwards to Stockpoort and  then follow the Limpopo to the east, eating dust for about 250km that day.  Stopped in Alldays at "At se Gat" for  well deserved beers and a T-bone.

From here we headed to Waterpoort and then riding all along the Soutpansberg to Vivo, turned here south to my father's near Dendron.  Getting of the saddle felt like I have been getting inapprioprate love from a gang of mountain gorrilla's.  Headed straight to the Lapa's, finished a "ou Racheltjie Louw" that night.

Day 2

My old toppie would be joining us as we head via Pietersburg to Tzaneen, with Graskop as our end point.  WOW, yesterday it's was the dirt today it's time for some twisties. Stopped at Drie Rondawels and Burkess Luck .Stayed in Graskop and kuier till late.

Day 3

Headed to Sabie for some panecakes and strong "Boere troos, which oiled my internal gears and spirit for the Long Tom pass.  Being to like this a lot :laughing4:
Lydenburg, Dullstroom, Middelburg( stopped at Amazons for lunch).  Decided to head back to Dendron.  Images of a gorrilas flashed before me again as we looked for petrol on a Saturday evening in the middle of nowhere, Zebediela. Fuelled up head to Dendron.

Crashed into bed 8:00pm, resting my arse for the ride back, tommorow to Ellisras.

Day 4

Mom made us a goeie boere breakfast and the road was tackled.  Dendron, Bochum, Blouberg, Glen Alpine dam, hit tar only near Baltimore and all the way via Marken to Ellisras.

Losing my V-card, was totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Ellisras.JPG
    Ellisras.JPG
    89.8 KB
  • Limpopo.JPG
    Limpopo.JPG
    135.1 KB
  • Tzaneen.JPG
    Tzaneen.JPG
    161.7 KB
  • Blyde.JPG
    Blyde.JPG
    101 KB
  • sabie.JPG
    sabie.JPG
    150.2 KB
Dankie vir die RR - Baie mooi wêreld van julle daardie  :thumleft:

ONCE A YEAR  SASOL SPONSORS A LEG OF THE NATIONAL RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP WHICH IS RUN AROUND SARBI

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL AREA    PANCAKES ARE GOOD AS WELL