LOST in the Mielies - and a visit to the childrens home in Belfast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;)

Attachments

• belfast027.jpg
    belfast027.jpg
    74.3 KB
  • belfast030.jpg
    belfast030.jpg
    54.1 KB
  • belfast034.jpg
    belfast034.jpg
    74.4 KB
  • belfast037.jpg
    belfast037.jpg
    57.3 KB
  • belfast060.jpg
    belfast060.jpg
    68.9 KB
Operator said:
Nice ride boys..........

Wino .........daardie haircut............laat jou 10 jaar jonger lyk !!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ek is mos!

Nice one guys! :thumright:  I was thinking of the ride all day yesterday while entertaining the in-laws.  ::)

Adventure Mx & Plottie, thanx for assisting in fixing SWAMBO bike!!!,  we went on to Dullstroom afterwards were we decided on spur of the moment to sleep over.
Booked in and bought the requred goodies to make ourselfs respectable.

Went for dinner the evening, me wearing my undusted jacket... we were promtly told they are full, but there is a table  outside which we took, mrs looked at me and said no wonder you look like a tramp... (Later on some other guests were also turned away so no it wasn't my appearance)

Wanted to visit the town "Tonteldoos, but decided against it as we didn't want to push our luck with the "sprocket fix". Maybe some other day

Did the Steenkamps berg pass, nice scenery and when we hit the N4 eventually, Mrs took heed of Ryperd advise from the previous day and turned that Pegaso's ear to ensure there is enough torque to esure the sprocked stay's on.

To all thanx for a nice outing !!

Would like to thank the following WD's:

Plottie for the ride report
Ryperd for the organisation
Wino for the dvd player and dvd's
AMX for the nice shirt (orange of course)
Ryperd again for the navigation (it was truly a-maize-ing  ;D ;D)

To all the other WD's who attended, it was nice meeting you all. Hope to see you again on a ride soon.

To all you who joined on the "Lost" ride to Belfast, a BIG  :salut: :thumright:

Well, seems like Fun & Plottie's prompt helped, as everyone was on time and we could leave by 06:40.  Thanks to Marina for going by car to take the dvd player & dvds to Belfast, and to bring wyfie back  ;) Jy is 'n STER  :love3: :love10: :love2: :love4: :love5: :love6: :love7:

What can I say about the route. ??? The Zumo said there is a road, and there was but some farmer decided to put a gate in our way and lock it.  Must say, the mielies looked great, and I think that farmer will have a great harvest. "Sorry for all the dust on your mielies, all the zig-zag spoor around your field and for enjoying ourselves without your permission Oom" ;)

Back to the main event - the children home.  Guys, we must appreciate what we have in life.  Those kids (age 2 - 18) all come from abusive homes.  The court took them away from their families and place them there for safety.  But it is not permanent, they are placed back with their parents when the court feels that they (parents) can look after them again.  Wino, that pic of the eyes!!! Sjoe!!! It saddens me, and at the same time makes me sooooo angry with the adults who do this to kids!!! :mad:

Yesterday saw some 160 kids enjoy being a kid, to play, have sweets, and forget about the past, even if it was temporary.

I will find out more about the Home, and see if I/we can assist again with another project.  Why? Well, I had tears in my eyes when they sang "Ons se baie baie dankie...." to say thanks for the pressies and to us for being there.  Those kids..... man, they deserve so much more!

I will post some pics after I've resized them.

Wino hit the nail on the head with this pic

Although we do not know her history, we put enough 2's together to get 10
During the whole time we were there, we could just sense a real deep deep sadness in that childs eyes

Attachments

• indexCAG20HZ7.jpg
    indexCAG20HZ7.jpg
    57.3 KB
Ryperd said:
It saddens me, and at the same time makes me sooooo angry with the adults who do this to kids!!! :mad:
+1000

Plothond said:
Wino hit the nail on the head with this pic

I agree. It just about sums up the sadness of these kids' circumstances. (Excellent pic wino :thumleft:)

Our camera went by car, but here's the early dogs (who cought the bone  ;)) ready to depart on an epic journey through some farmer's mielie field.  Adventurer, sorry dude, but those mielies were also cold.  ;D

The start @ Bapsfontein
258231664_hDSp9-M.jpg

The three mascotts safe and sound after a trip with the WD's
258231748_xcd7g-M.jpg

The dogs resting
258230814_3SDCx-M.jpg

258231441_E88ov-M.jpg

Our friend Carol (on the left) and the head master
258230966_vPMQM-M.jpg

Popipants lifting Leo
258230727_uUF37-M.jpg

Entertaining the kids
258231243_EHwDG-M.jpg

258230653_XFDDD-M.jpg

258231583_3bDNp-M.jpg

Everyone is hungry!!  I must state that all the kids had excellente manners!!!
258231043_A8ogd-M.jpg

258231177_P46rY-M.jpg

The kids singing
258231117_Qv5RN-M.jpg

Respect Guys and Girls, my own "time issues" again stopped me being there, I would have cried anyway.

Proud to know you.

Welsh

Welsh said:
Respect Guys and Girls, my own "time issues" again stopped me being there, I would have cried anyway.
+1,
Fantastic report, I reckon these children will remember your visit for a long time.  ;)

At first I thought this was just a regular old ride report. I started reading some more and this has really touched my heart. :'(

I commend you guys for doing this, this is how you build SA's future and I wish I could be there and part of this.

You guys and gals rock !

Now I am even more homesick.....

ja nee Wino, I also did not recognize you with your short hair. you do look completely different.

Nice ride tjommas, an hello Perd, Leo, Fun, Plotie, Popie, Ama, Tonteldoos en Prof, and other

Well done to all who went, those kids will remember you for a long time to come!  8)

thanks guys what a great ride.
But please stop posting pictures of me and the dammm lion.
....well at least I did not get the skinny barney  ;D ;D

Thanks for the guys who took all the kids for rides, I think it is something they are going to remember for a long time.

Thanks guys, was an awesome day.........

Those mielie fields were awesome fun... I am really starting to enjoy the thick sand which in some parts almost brought the KTM to a stop even in third gear with the throttle wide open... Man it was fun..

Hi guys

Nice meeting some WD's for the first time, Panne and Malgat

Thanks for the fun day. Enjoyed it mucho. The route lekker lekker. Great add on for future JHB, Dullstroom loop.  Liked the mielie field but sweeted like a pig. Had to stop a few times to stop laughing at the duck walking (no names metioned >:D) in the sand in front of me.

Mrs Plothond, you are a very quiet pillion. Did not hear you complaining once. ;D

The kids.
It touched me. Wish I can do more. One see the sadness behind the smiles.

Hope us WD's can make this a yearly run to the Belfast Children Home

;) ;)

Ama ride ride said:
Hi guys

Mrs Plothond, you are a very quiet pillion. Did not hear you complaining once. ;D

Classic Ama, Classic  8) 8)

Latest posts