Lost in Translation (Zim/Zam/Angola)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bessie said:
the longest stretch was 400km from Mongu in Zambia to Lumbala Nquimbo in Angola...

with our custom made auxiliary tanks we had 500km in the kitty.

but petrol is everywhere to be found... in bits and pieces.

35069_444137675812_564245812_6159224_670085_n.jpg

34564_444071125812_564245812_6157831_2280139_n.jpg

Do you have any more details on this auxiliary tank please?

Just found this report now!  Great ride  :ricky:

Utmost respect to you both.  I dont know ANY women who would have taken all that in their stride, or even have been capable of that ride - inspirational stuff  :thumleft: 

I was struck by the way that as usuall, outside our borders the local people are friendly and generous - which is humbling given that many of them dont have all the things we do.

PS is your dad the famous Wouter of T4A?

PPS Catch any Tigers with those flys?  Caught a 3.2kg on my first attempt on fly at Drotsky's Cabins and made the owner huffy because I clearly didnt know what I was doing, yet managed to land one of the biggest fishes they had seen there for a while  :biggrin:

alanB said:
Just found this report now!  Great ride  :ricky:

Utmost respect to you both.  I dont know ANY women who would have taken all that in their stride, or even have been capable of that ride - inspirational stuff  :thumleft: 

I was struck by the way that as usuall, outside our borders the local people are friendly and generous - which is humbling given that many of them dont have all the things we do.

PS is your dad the famous Wouter of T4A?

PPS Catch any Tigers with those flys?  Caught a 3.2kg on my first attempt on fly at Drotsky's Cabins and made the owner huffy because I clearly didnt know what I was doing, yet managed to land one of the biggest fishes they had seen there for a while  :biggrin:

yip thats Wouter...

and... nope didnt catch anything... :(

but... ja... i am definitely not the only girl who has done rides like this.

Dis 'n bedonnerde RR, well done!!  :thumleft:

Hallo Bessie, has Wouter published this info somewhere? Got GPS info on where you passed the border?

Anyway... Wouter is going to write a detailed report that contains all the information about the few routes that one can use to cross from Zambia into Angola... and i will post it here.
[/quote]

yip thats Wouter...

and... nope didnt catch anything... :(

but... ja... i am definitely not the only girl who has done rides like this.
[/quote]
Probably one of the few who would do the ironing afterwards, though. Nice avatar.  :)

Doc Holiday said:
Hallo Bessie, has Wouter published this info somewhere? Got GPS info on where you passed the border?

Anyway... Wouter is going to write a detailed report that contains all the information about the few routes that one can use to cross from Zambia into Angola... and i will post it here.
[/quote]

doc... email me if you planning to do such a trip...

but ja... all the data will be in the latest tracks4africa gps map...

and you can also view it on our website.

Lekker trip wat julle gedoen het. Ek en my seun het 'n soortgelyke trip gedoen. Ek wens ek het 'n dogter soos jy gehad. Groete Schalk.

I have just found this RR. Simply fantastic.
Riding through all that sand must have been hectic :eek:
Well done to both of you.

Latest posts