Lunch @ Elands Bay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Python

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Andy ask where were off to on the weekend
and suggested Elands Baai as a lunch destination.
So:
    Go Girl
    Ball & Chain
    KLR (on a beemer)
    Andy660
    Myself
    And finally AntonW

Showed up.

We set out and went through some places  ???
Hopefield, Darling Aurora and into Elands bay.
I am sure that my traveling compadres can add in more detail.
I was just trying not to fall off in the sandy stuff.
Here are a few pics I got.
One alway regrets not taking more
AndyMyXT.jpg

KLRAntonW.jpg

ballandchain.jpg

DarlingFunny.jpg

DarlingShadepatch.jpg

Eland1.jpg

eland2.jpg

Eland3.jpg

ElandKreefspot.jpg

Elend4.jpg

At the end of a long day the wounded falcon (she got run over by a horse - hers) and I landed up at the Slug and Lettuce in Durbanville to close of
the day in the right way. Beer and Nachos.
Slug2.jpg

Thanks to Andy for organising such a cool ride.

Nice one guys , and far too !!, lekker lekker  :ricky:

Looks like you had a good day.  Glad you're all back safe.

In the seventies that cafe was run by an Italian who had a very fierce local wife.  He used to say that, "he fell in love with a sultry bitch with fiery eyes .... or was she a fiery bitch with sultry eyes?" 

Crossed-up said:
Looks like you had a good day.  Glad you're all back safe.

In the seventies that cafe was run by an Italian who had a very fierce local wife.  He used to say that, "he fell in love with a sultry bitch with fiery eyes .... or was she a fiery bitch with sultry eyes?" 

It looks like it has the potential to go seriously hooligan as the sun goes down

The grass stoep in front lends itself to excessive consumption and could result in having to stay over.. :)

Nice one!  :thumleft: Good to see GoGirl back on the WD's ride reports!!

Kameelkop said:
Nice one!  :thumleft: Good to see GoGirl back on the WD's ride reports!!

Tks KK finding the seat again... :eek: :eek: work kept me very dull last year!!!

We had a super ride will post some phodies... ;D

Lekker long easy ride with a crayfish lunch, I could not believe the price of R60 for crayfish and chips. The flippin SE made it hard work on the ride home, not the KTM but the "Cape Doctor"   :biggrin:

Ball n Chain and Anton W  oops Python sorry about that one cut you off there. but at this point a very welcome
breather...

elandsbay004.jpg

Xt and Lance as well

We left the "pumping" SE wind in Cape to arrive in the stunning surf mecca of the West Coast...
not that we went surfing, but I am sure that manyof us had some "Wild, Passionate" times in Elands Bay
if I look at the comments... :ricky:

Here our steeds parked off with a welcome blue bay untouched by wind... :mwink:

elandsbay006.jpg

Some thirsty WDs.... for some or other reason Anton W was on the coke plan...he complained bitterly
about only getting 2 hours sleep the previous nite....mmm I wonder why?

elandsbay007-2.jpg

At last ... our food we were ravenous by the time our traditional west coast dishes arrived.... :ricky:

Eat your hearts out ....crayfish was lekka but not enough!!! :biggrin:

elandsbay008.jpg

I ventured inside the restaurant and I had the pleasure of meeting four cowboys and they were loaded.... :ricky: :ricky:....well I am single........ :D :D

and well they were available...whether they were willing and capable ...mmm  :mwink:

elandsbay011.jpg

There is always an end to our jaunts... :)

Our group pulled out leaving the Beast by herself.....No they did not leave me behind I was just "faffing" I suppose... >:D

These barrels matched the "ORANGE"where we hooked our steeds to...

https://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/1GOGIRL1/elandsbay012.jpg[/IMG

We did the railway line back lotssa fun.... :ricky: :ricky: and very HOT :o :o we refuelled in Velddrif and again split

Ball n Chain and Python hooked off to Piketberg, while Anton W, Xt, Lance and myself 'hightailed' it down/up the West Coast :o :o the heat and SE was hectic...... :o :o this also has a price to pay...

We [parted ways again at the Darling turn Off for Lance and thats when XT noticed his tyre getting very HOT... :o :o

So Anton W carried on the West Coast  I stayed with Xt  here he is cooling off a very hot tyre... :o :o

[IMG]https://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/1GOGIRL1/elandsbay014.jpg

We parted ways at Melkbos and I landed up at Blue Peter.... where any good gal takes in the pleasure and beauty
of Cape Town.... :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

A really great ride, lots of fun, great company and really varying terrains ..... :eek: :eek: oooh boy!!!

:ricky: :ricky:Thanks guys for a stunning ride.... :thumleft: