Lunch @ Elands Bay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a very HOT ride down the railway line we refuelled in Velddrif and Ball n Chain and Python hoked to Piketberg

The four of us hightailed it down the West coast road heat and wind.... :eek: :eek:

When we got to the Darling turnoff Xt noticed that his tyre was very HOT.... :eek: :eek: :eek:
with this we hooked off to Darling too and cooled down his tyre....

elandsbay014.jpg

I stayed with him til Melkbos and like any good gal went straight to the Blue Peter to end off the days ride... :mwink: :mwink:

Thanks guys for a GREAT RIDE, AWSUM company lots of FUN... :thumleft:

For those of you who saw some of the "gravel highway" there was enough sand to contend with... :ricky: :ricky:

just to bring you back in check!!!!

And Jaco Cronje said , SAND !

Thanks Guys for coming along.Even though we did some tar , I hadnt done the roads from Hopefield before .

Hopefield through Arora and Reidelingshuis`s roads were very nice.

I will put some pics up later/.

Attached is a mapsource map for those that would like a Crayfish lunch at R60 bux.

We stopped at NUWERUS , A camp-spot that was advertised on our forum previously , as fre accommodation for WD Members .
We didnt go in , but it looks like a lekker place.So I`ll determinately go there next time

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=59340.0

Attachments

• Richwood to Elandsbay.gdb
    84 KB
Great ride, Jilly & I left 06:30 and did a trip though the back roads and were having breakfast in Darling when you guys came through , tried to wave but I was told no one recognised the old man on the patio  :-[ You guys are such posers riding into town standing up on a Tenere'? ;D

AntonW said:
What sand?   :pot:

Says he when he was talking about those corners of sand at the railway track.... :ricky: :ricky: ummm who is talking???

nemodakar said:
Glad to see Tweetie is being taken care off. :thumleft:
tweetie has loaned me the 1150 as i want to buy a bigger bike later in the year and he reckons "BMW" IS THE WAT TO GO.

a few good positives unlike when i ride the klr i now keep my hand on the handle bars as i dont have to greet any one as i ride a "bmw" :pot:.

all shit aside i am taking a nice trip via vredendal,onseepkans,blouputs and so on to return it to tweetie by mid feb.going to miss donkeysarus.Andy has a theory that after 40 days you cannot evict any tenants that have moved onto your property so he views it quiet simply "tweetie" the donkeysaurus stays in capetown :pot: :ricky: :pot: :biggrin:

keithk said:
Great ride, Jilly & I left 06:30 and did a trip though the back roads and were having breakfast in Darling when you guys came through , tried to wave but I was told no one recognised the old man on the patio  :-[ You guys are such posers riding into town standing up on a Tenere'? ;D
We only recogniise bikers at cafe mosaic not the "posers" having the "elite" breakfast at marmalade cat :pot:

KLR said:
nemodakar said:
Glad to see Tweetie is being taken care off. :thumleft:
tweetie has loaned me the 1150 as i want to buy a bigger bike later in the year and he reckons "BMW" IS THE WAT TO GO.

a few good positives unlike when i ride the klr i now keep my hand on the handle bars as i dont have to greet any one as i ride a "bmw" :pot:.

all shit aside i am taking a nice trip via vredendal,onseepkans,blouputs and so on to return it to tweetie by mid feb.going to miss donkeysarus.Andy has a theory that after 40 days you cannot evict any tenants that have moved onto your property so he views it quiet simply "tweetie" the donkeysaurus stays in capetown :pot: :ricky: :pot: :biggrin:

;D

AntonW said:
Ball and Chain said:
AntonW said:
What sand?  :pot:

The sand in your face :biggrin:

And a few rocks mix in the sand. I must say a E-07 can throw sand, you can luckily can duck behind your screen  :imaposer:

Ball&chain is making name for roosting people?

I am still waiting for my CRF's mirror that he removed with a stone :)

Snafu said:
AntonW said:
Ball and Chain said:
AntonW said:
What sand?   :pot:

The sand in your face :biggrin:

And a few rocks mix in the sand. I must say a E-07 can throw sand, you can luckily can duck behind your screen   :imaposer:

Ball&chain is making name for roosting people?

I am still waiting for my CRF's mirror that he removed with a stone :)

Waar was jy?

..Dan kon ek die GSA ook vol sand gegooi het ::)

I would like to do that route this weekend.Do you guys have slightly more specific directions once leaving darling?