Lunchtime ride to Hangklip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growweblaar

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I try to sneak away as often as possible to try the little dirt roads around the area. Yesterday lunchtime I went to Hangklip. I haven't been there for ages, and it's sad to see the (in)famous Hangklip Hotel standing empty (I was hoping they would at least serve me a cold one).

660021796_e47e4f5c1e_o.jpg

You can only reach it via Pringle Bay, as the road to Betty's Bay has been closed for years now (apparently because the sand dunes kept creeping over it and it was just too much effort for the municipality to keep clean). Pity - I was planning to use that stretch as a Sand Monster tamer. The road itself is great - if you're on a DS bike:

660022912_b97b3307e3_o.jpg

Ai, where are those perlemoen days...

660021200_09cb4480f0_o.jpg

Don't be fooled: this track becomes pure sand! I didn't fall this time, probably because I did remove my mirrors beforehand:

659170569_8c17baf84e_o.jpg

Hehehe ;). I was busy erasing my number plate for the pic when I thought I'll replace it with something funny. That was the funniest thing I could think of, at the time...

Latest posts