Malawi and back. Any advice/comments/latest news welcome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings all

At last i have decided to take some time off for myself, and to get on my bike and go for a bit of a ride.... Malawi and back. the route i am planning is to go via Botwana(groblersbrug entry - Kazungula exit) cros the river into zambia at Kazungula, exit into malawi south of Chipata at Mwani border. then have i bit of a wander up the coast line of the lake, then after a few days to head back home via mozambique.( enter at Dedza) i am not sure whe i will come back through, depending on time it will either be into swaziland at Namaacha or into SA at komatipoort( i have never been to swazi, so will probably head that way)

So i am looking to hear from any of you who have been up to malawi and back, or have ridden in any of the countries along the route. What are the roads like? tar/gravel? the costs of your trip?? stuff you took, stuff you wished you took?  what did you ride on your trip??
I will be riding my XTZ 750 Super Tenere, so if any of you know where i can get a set of deserts( 17" and 21")or a similar tyre that is good for the dirt, please let me know