Maputo Ring Road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernies

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
We travelled the new Maputo ring road last weekend and I thought I will share:
From Ressano Garcia use the normal EN4 road to Maputo. Travel for approximately 60km and cross the Matola river just as you enter Maputo. You turn left after the bridge at
S 25 49.851 E 32 24.639. Follow the poor gravel road in-between houses for a short distance by following the construction vehicles until you get to the tar road and the first round-about. Turn right and follow the road in an easterly direction for about 20km. Most of the road is tar but there is one small diversion. The speed limit is 40km/h. Take caution at the roundabouts.
You get back on the EN1 at S25 48.942 E32 34.314. This is close to the new Matola stadium, just after the traffic control point before exiting town, on the way to Marracuene.  It took me less than half an hour to drive from the EN1 to the Matola bridge. With the new road you save about 35km through the heart of Maputo and one toll gate (14MT).
The ring road will eventually, once completed take you from the Matola bridge to Marracuene. The road is still under construction but even at 40km/h we saved a lot of time.

Attachments

• Ring road pick.jpg
    Ring road pick.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 493