Maraisburg on Heavy Metal - LOTS of PICS (Video's added as well)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marnus said:
Ja... hou gou my bier vas - check hierdie trick!  :imaposer:

:imaposer: :imaposer:

Funny enough, those were my exact words to Pieter and Bonotto in Sodwana...............then this happened.......

KnopKop said:
On a recent trip to Sodwana Bay and Lake Sibaya I tried to ride a pig in the sand, this is what happened..........

Try no 1
Giving it a go
DSC02805.jpg

FAIL
DSC02806.jpg

Pick up #1
DSC02807.jpg

Try No 2
FAIL
DSC02811.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

Try No 3
That's the way to do it
DSC02816.jpg

Success!!
DSC02817.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin:

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

blazes said:
Mooi man --great stuff KK--

Thanks blazes, the X-Challenge would have been tooooo much fun  :ricky:

The Lewensgevaarlik coped quite well, but I need to sort that front end out  :eek: :eek:

edgy said:
Looks like a lot of fun! :thumleft:

Man, you would have LOVED it on a SE, I can only imagine  :drif: :drif: :drif: :drif:

Nice ,just remember to hose your bike down after a day in this stuff ..

I will post the track tonight,

but here is the coordinates for the dune.

S26°12'17.12"
E27°50'26.71"

:thumleft:

Nice Marnus - Never going to take you back to Maraisburg, seeing as you do not invite me.

Or were the chaps a bit worried about competition from the Likes of Mark Hardy and the other riders of 950's?  :pot:

Nice ride Knopkop! Well done on braving the sand. Now, you guys must join us at De Wildt on 2 April. We will be doing another Maraisburg ride soon thereafter.

KnopKop said:
tankgirl said:
fokkit dit lyk lekker!! :D

Jy het lekker uit gemis, jy sou soooooooooo lekker gespeel het op daai X-Challenge  ;D

Maar ek gaan weer terug gaan in 2 of 3 weke, daai sand is net te lekker !!! - Hou die Planning a ride section dop!

:deal:

Marnus said:
Next time we take a gazebo for shade and a fridge  :ricky:

NOU paart jy !!!

Dan kan ons sommer bier drink daar bo, dink net hoe goed ons dan gaan ry !!!

Lekker pics KnopKop en Marnus!!  :thumleft:

Dit lyk moerseeeeeee lekker!  Ideale plek om bietjie die sand monster te probeer tem....  :mwink:
Ek gaan beslis dophou vir die volgende een...

Thanxs!!  ;D

Lekker KopKnop, ek sou seker nou nog sand uit sekere plekke moes was, eendag sal ek ook seker in sulke sand kan ry

Nice one Marnus en KK.....soos Dawie se...lekker plek om die sand monsters te "probeer" tem!!  :pot:

Heavy nice vids ook!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

lightning1 said:
Nice Marnus - Never going to take you back to Maraisburg, seeing as you do not invite me.

Or were the chaps a bit worried about competition from the Likes of Mark Hardy and the other riders of 950's?  :pot:

HAHAHA L1!  Nothing personal, I promise  ;D  I went with you on my first MB ride on the 1200 - it was pretty intimidating coming down the big dune from the back  :eek7:  I thought I'd get my riding up to scratch first before joining you again... don't want to hold you back or anything  :D

You'll just have to take me back there sometime - I have yet to see the 990 go up the bowl  :peepwall:

Very lekker, looks like great fun, wish I could have been there.

BTW I just love this pic:

DSC02811.jpg

dis lekker speel op daie hope. het gewerk vir 'n omgewings company wat van die hope moes stabiliseer en monitor, asook impak studies in die woongebiede rondom die hope. het my navorsing gedoen op 'n XT350. Was lekker om te werk en te speel, MAAR - DAAI SAND IS GIFTIG!!!! . het paar dae  as ek baie monsters moes neem blase op my hande gebrand (handskoene is vir sissys). ek soek nie dai goed op my lyf of in my longe. kry die mense rondom die hope baie jammer.

I'm going to maraisburg on Saturday morning 5/11/11 @ 6:45 for a ride. Anyone keen on joining me, pull in!

Which area is this? Jhb? Western cape? Entrnce fee's etc.? I would love to go there?

Ek is nou moeg daarvoor om in die modder te val elke naweek, ek wil nou bietjie in sand val. ::)

Where in Gauteng is this?

I need to replace my steering head bearings before any further offroading is happening (apart from the short traffic skipping on the way home everyday). If I can manage to replace the head bearings before Saturday I will definitely join. :ricky: