Mazorchi Front Fork Service -Highs, Lows , Learning points and Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ougat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Hi Fellow HP's

SO in preparation for my Major Annual Adventure - riding down to Cape town in 6 days via Alexander bay - me on the HP and better half in her "Quad" read Jimny i had to do the service on the front forks - replace seals and oil .

Now the state of the front was unknown to me and rumour had it that it had a set of progressives in .

So bought the seals and oil from BMW - Learning point - If you are going through this also buy the bottom seal - they provided me only with the inner seal but luckely the bottow was still in OK condition .
Learning point - Get the CD with the instructions and print out the relevant pages -They were invaluable for the service and provide all the detail necessary even the torque settings for the bolts

It is a fairly easy job that went reasonably easy - I had all the necessary tools as well as two torque wrenches that you need - the 0-20 NM and the 20and above - you need both . Some of the bolts e.g. the tripple clamp need only 8 Nm otherwise you can distort the tubes so watch out .

You have to restrain the beast in order to be boing this job - I used a garage trolley jack and some rachet tiedowns that I use to suspend the hp from the roof .

Attachments

• hp1.jpg
    hp1.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 130