Midlife crisis....Lekkeeeeeerrrrrrrr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Hi my name is Kobus and I am enjoying my midlife crisis.
When my son wrote my R1100RT off I wanted to buy a DP bike, but the boss said NO!!!!!!!!!!  I want another RT...a dual bike can never be as comfy as the RT.
So we bought a R1150RT...and rode tar and tar and tar.......BORING.
After completing a 4250km trip last month and again see all the lekker places that the RT cannot get to I decided.......I will wear the pants...this time... and I WILL buy a DP.. This was also due to the fact that a biker with a Yamaha Super Tenere blasted into the Transkei on our trip. It was love at first sight. 
So when we got to Durban we decided to pop into Perry Yamaha in Umhlanga.
When we walked into the showroom a fully kitted Blue XT1200Z stood on the floor. Just there and then my son applied for his finance and I decided to go back to JHB and sell the RT. Well the RT was sold quickly and I placed my order for a white XT.
So last Friday we flew down to Durbs, picked up our new bonies and headed for the hills.
After Howick Falls we gunned towards Underberg and Himville just to check out the START of Sani Pass.
Well it did not stay at looking and the next moment we were on top of Sani....Magic bike at a Magic place.
Then we hit the dirt road to Nottingham road.  Next day we went from Mooi Rivier to Greytown again going offroad towards the Mooi Waterfall. From Greytown to Dundee to the Bloedrivier Monument...again dirt.
Saturday night sleeping at a friend's place in Vryheid we left Sunday morning at got home (1250km) about lunch time and the boss. Oooo sherbert..I think the bike must go for a 1000km service ??
Must say she was impressed after her first short spin on the bonie.
Glad I got introduced to this fantastic site and hope to learn more from all you okes.
Lekker ry manne..