Most Blue-bulls come from the Boland area!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riaanrw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
Oom Foe-rie and myself  rode  from Caledon via Bredasdorp to Stilbaai stayed there for a night, came back through Garcia's and Gysmanshoek pass to Swellendam and home.

Caledon meet at 8am! One Varadero and one XT660R. What's the first thing you do when you meet for a ride in the early morning? Yes, that's it - talk about where you are going to eat!! Quick decision and Napier it was.

We headed straight for gravel out of Caledon. Along the back of  Hemel and Aarde valley.

DSC_0974.jpg

Crossed over Akkedisberg Pass, Floorshoogte and through Sandy's-Glen made a right then over a nice little mountain section to Napier.

DSC_0983.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010018.jpg

What better spot to have a nice breakfast then at Gunner's Mess. This place you are bound to always run into a biker or two!

Some fellow dogs!!

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010017.jpg

From here through Bredasdorp, we took a left and headed for Malgas. To me the pont is always a highlight. It is one of a few places in the Cape that you can cross a river on a raft. Crossing may take anything from 10 to 20 minutes. Good time to take off the hot gear and just have a nice chit chat!!

DSC_0999.jpg

DSC_1001.jpg

DSC_1000.jpg

Next stop Vermaaklikheid.
Vermaaklikheid is situated close to the Duiwenhoks River. What a little gem in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful old houses. This place would be a nice place for a overnight. Lots of history here.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010033.jpg

There is a Trading-post and a small restaurant.

Duiwenhoks Restaurant Vermaaklikheid

10165545.jpg

Next up Stilbaai. From Napier to Stilbaai took about two hours. First order of business is a quick cold one.  :thumleft:

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Pub and grill. Across the road from the Total garage. The people are very friendly and make you feel right at home so much so that we sat there for more than 4 hours!!

While having one too many, I noticed that Oom Foe-rie (now known as Die Faarken Bloubull) was wearing a Blue-bulls shirt. It turns out he is a Blue-bulls supporter! He was born and bread in the Overberg area but is a Blue-bull. According to him most Blue-bulls come out of the Boland area!!! (Not a faark nie!!) Please anyone that see Oom Foe-rie (Die Faarken Bloubull) in the future, feel free to give him as much shit as possible about his desertion!!!

DSC_0028.jpg

Four hours later!  ::) Down to the camp-site to pitch tents. At R55 per night for a stand this Stilbaai campsite is a bargain. The camp-site is next to the beach. Nice for taking the wife, girlfriend, or for some a skelmpie, for long walks on the beach.  :peepwall: Lots of accommodation for those that don't do the camp thing. (BMW riders  :pot:)

DSC_0026.jpg

CSC_0043.jpg

CSC_0041.jpg

551798.jpg

Supper-time!!! We headed to a place called On The Rocks. We decided on fish and calamari. Fresh and really well prepared.  :thumleft: They cater for sea-food lovers and of course for the red meat eaters as-well.
This place is highly recommended!!  :deal:

After supper, lets put it this way. Stilbaai is not as still as the name says. Some interesting things to see!!

The next morning was, well, as most of you know - not so hot!! Slow start, lots of moans and groans!!
Stilbaai straight to Riversdal for a big breakfast and a Bikers morning beer (Milkshake).

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

We ate at Maxi's. It is on the left as you ride though Riversdal towards Cape Town. The food is similar to Wimpy but bigger portions and better prepared.

From here we headed for Garcia's pass on the R323, took a left 5 km other side pass and then left again through Gysmanshoek pass to Swellendam. This section will take about 2h30  to do with many photo stops and riding at a good pace.

DSC_0070.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010040.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0100-1.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010054.jpg

After Gysmanshoek pass, close to Suurbraak.

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

Swellendam for a cold one again and goodbye to head home along the tar.

DSC_0111.jpg

This was a short ride for most. But one that will be remembered by me. Overnight rides are made by the people you ride with.
Thanks Oom Foe-rie you made the ride great!!

Thanks for reading!!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Please tell "die ou baas het nie die VARA daai los klippe gery nie" >:D
Oom Fourie show some respect please man, thats an old bike!!! :peepwall:

Respek my oom!!!  :thumleft:

Beautiful pics! In fact so nice I wont make the expected comeback on the Blou bull and BMW rider lies :biggrin:

Nice phodies RovRat!
En julle kom sê nie Hello nie!

Some of my pictures .............

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010001.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010002.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010003.jpg

What is he doing ....................
StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010008.jpg

Lekke cool in the shades
StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010014.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010015.jpg

The pont at Malgas
StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010023.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010024.jpg

Some live stock
StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010031.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010032.jpg

Gysmanshoek Pass
StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010047.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010051.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010052.jpg

Heidelberg in the distance
StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010059.jpg

StilbaaiROVRAT23en24Januarie2010060.jpg

As ROVRat said ................ it was a short overnighter but a very nice trip ............... and you nearly did  not believe that I am a Blue Bulls supporter  :laughing4:

Thanks again ROVRat  :thumleft:

nemodakar said:
Please tell "die ou baas het nie die VARA daai los klippe gery nie" >:D
Oom Fourie show some respect please man, thats an old bike!!! :peepwall:

Respek my oom!!!  :thumleft:

"Die ou baas het nie die Vara op daai los klippe gery nie"  ;)
No Nemo ................ ROVRat did that path alone when he was looking for a good viewpoint to take some piccies  :thumleft:

I've done the proper Gysmanshoek pass once and loved it.

Lekker trippie this looked like.

Thankful for sharing I am

;D ;D ;D

R-O-V-Rat said:
While having one too many, I noticed that Oom Foe-rie (now known as Die Faarken Bloubull) was wearing a Blue-bulls shirt. It turns out he is a Blue-bulls supporter! He was born and bread in the Overberg area but is a Blue-bull. According to him most Blue-bulls come out of the Boland area!!! (Not a faark nie!!) Please anyone that see Oom Foe-rie (Die Faarken Bloubull) in the future, feel free to give him as much shit as possible about his desertion!!!

Ai ai ai ...............................  :scratch:  :biggrin:

Oom, of course I believe you are a blou bull supporter.....you like an intelligent man...  :biggrin:

Eisbein said:
I've done the proper Gysmanshoek pass once and loved it.

Lekker trippie this looked like.

Thankful for sharing I am

;D ;D ;D

Ek verstaan nie wat die Oom Eisbein bedoel met Proper Gysmanshoek nie!!

Die is mos proper Grys man o hoek?

DSC_0095.jpg

Ek bedoel hom soos wat julle gedoen het - dis presies dit.

Daar is ouens wat praat van 'Gysmanshoek' en dan bedoel hulle die pas van Heidelberg se kant af verby die
korrente dam tot by die Landbouskool in Riversdal.

Meantime is Gysmanshoek die een wat julle gery het oor die berg wat daai een aan route62 verbind...