Mounting a side cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey and Rain

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Good day all.

Would like to request some names in the industry I can make use of regarding my XT 600 Z.
A couple of months ago I lost a left hand side cover on my XT. Yamaha Japan told me part ''discontinued''...So I had it moulded out of fibre glass.

So with me I've got a fulle left side cover. But now... I have no idea how I could mount it to the frame...due to the fact that the company I made use of, did not align the mold with the frame. So now the cover fits perfect, but thats when its not plugged in the three-position places + the fibre glass pins molded in the cover broke of the day I received the cover.

I am the type of guy how demands great service and quality for what I pay for. The company I made use of did a great job, but I am not going to take any thing up with them regarding the cover.

I've made contact with a workshop in Centurion that would look at the idea of mounting the cover to my bike and come up with some idea on how to bolt the right hand cover to the frame as well.

My request
Is there any private individual that I can make contact with regarding this problem. I guy I could trust to mount it and ask me a fair price for doing it. I reside in the Menlyn area, but all names would be greatly appreciated.

To all who read the message, great day to you.
Whiskey and Rain