Desert fox fuel cell's, leaking, anyone else had this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi, Just wondering if anyones had experiance of these things?
I bought one from Nippy Norman's (UK on-line shop) a few months ago and used it once on my DRZ dirt bike only to find the canvas stitcking was coming appart. So NN sent me a returns form and the blader was swapped out. I did notice on this one that the top had to be real tight to stop it leaking.
Then on the replacement one, the seal on the the screw top would not seal it fully? Chose how tight I got the cap it still wet the side of the bag with fuel! It was a 3 ltr bag and I put about 2.5 ltr in and made sure the air was out before using it.
We've been back and forth with the manufacturer on this and they are saying they want to pressure test the unit etc, but just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? I even hung it up in the garage as a test and again the cap leaked so it's not through strapping it down to the bike.
There was a bit of flash on the neck moulding but I'd assume these things would be tested when made and pass some kind of pressure test then? It's critical these things seal and TBH, I think i've been quite lucky in the bag not catching fire or even worst exploding covering the bike and myself in burning fuel.