Mozambique Sand Madness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maya_The_Bee said:
great getaway. great pics. hows that muddy muddy  ;D  which one did u guys find more difficult ? mud? sand?

I did not ride the mud so personally can't say. I asked Wayne and he said probably the sand. In the mud one can just slow down and ride with feet out if neccesary, in the sand this is not possible. One has to stand up, look up and open up. Can't ride slowly. We fell in the mud and the sand but I think we fell harder and more often in the sand. You must remember that the sand was really really thick and very difficult to ride in.

Hammerhead said:
Thanx for sharing - awesome report!!
What did the HP2 riders do for extra fuel? Consumption in that sand cannot be too great?

Fuel was a bit of an issue. We were lucky to have the fuel bowser with us (GSA) from which we tapped fuel a couple of times. Once the guys bought fuel from the side of the road but the fuel injection didn't love them for that. The rest of the time we found fuel staions. The HP2 can do about 150 km on their tanks and fuel stations are surprizingly plentiful in Moz.

Thanx for the info Lance.
150km from a 13L tank (IIRC) is actually quite good for a 1200cc in those conditions. - No?
Every time I see a HP2 (especially this white/red/blue one)  :drif: :drif: :drif:

OK, sorry - 9 / 11 off...