Mr Price Sport sleeping bags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensien

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I recently had to donate my fairly pricey sleeping bag, because it got a bit too snug for my fat ass robust frame and have been looking for a new one ever since. The problem is that unless you are prepared take out a home improvement loan, you either have to settle for one the size of an oil drum, or freeze to death in something with a wildly optimistic temperature rating.

Yesterday I popped into Mr Price Sport and had a look at their Trail Tech range. They have one called the Trail Light, which looks remarkably similar to the Packlite and has the same ridiculous +5 ͦ  rating, but at half the price. The one that caught my eye was the Ultra Light. Rated at 0 degrees, it is made from ripstop nylon with a microfibre filling. While still compact, it feels more substantial than the Packlite and  weighs 1020g on my kitchen scale

As with all mummy type bags, it doesn’t have  lot of space and my 181cm, 95kgs is probable the upper limit of what it can accommodate, but at R500 it is excellent value for money