My Kove 450 Rally February 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might get flack for asking although I haven't really seen anyone mention this; how would this fair to also use as a daily commuter? Yes of course I know the 800 would be better suited for it, however very curious to hear some thoughts.

Oh @1985xr200 , the bearings checked out fine, I'd say 'of course'.
Cleaned the lot, re-lubed the assembly with a thin smear of waterproof grease and put it back in the bike.
Looks spikkerish again now I must say, was a bit dusty because I left it standing neglected for a few months.

Oh, the battery was empty, a Li-Ion one nogals!
This battery has circuitry in that switches it 'Off' before whatever draws current can draw it to zero, they don't like this.
Never had this in any of my KTM's.... and also, my CTek chargers (meant for normal LeadAcid batteries yeah) did not "take" this battery, so I bought one for this type of battery - that's me, I want to be able to charge these batteries myself, so just get the tools required.

This probably means that the Kove's Dash (like the clock etc) draws a bit of juice when parked, and my KTM's (300 & 500's) do not do this.
Oh well, as I now have a charger for them I gave them all a quick (this charger does a quick job, under 3 hours to get them to 'float') charge so all of them are fine now 👌

Last edited:
I might get flack for asking although I haven't really seen anyone mention this; how would this fair to also use as a daily commuter? Yes of course I know the 800 would be better suited for it, however very curious to hear some thoughts.

Flack?
Fukkem!

Somewhere earlier in this thread I've already mentioned that this bike rides so well on roads (paved yeah) that it would make a hoot of a commuter.... and I still say that!
You're hard pressed to find something narrower, ditto for 'bigger tank', and powerwise you'll be off at the robots way before the herd. But also, a detour or so becomes a non-event, it (so I have heard, really now...) skips pavements like nothing else!
The weight you see, only a genuine plastic is lighter - but, but, these do NOT have an ignition key!
Neither a Steering Lock - and this bike has both!

So there, YES, commute on it during your work trundle, and take it on the weekend there where you've not been yet! (y)

The tyres it comes with do it all also, they grip rather well on paving too, in the rain even - and last doing this!
Look above, that's 5000 km's of (mainly offroad yeah) use, and although I wanted new one's @Muffin Man was a bit surprised with this, he thought they could do more - which they can yeah, but I've got a long trip in mind so nope, new ones please.

Reactions: JPW