My Kove 450 Rally February 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know by any chance which factory makes the camshafts?

Yes, Zongshen, actually they make the entire engine.
These are KOVE 450 RALLY's being offloaded, there's a literal shedload of them there now.

Spares also.... man o man they've gone berserk, I actually think they've gone overboard - but, the petrol caps I lost in Namibia I got in an instant, so finally I can finish the servicing of my Rally after I rode it there - did I mention the awesome suspension of this bike?
'As if you're disconnected from the shit you go over' a friend of mine said when riding it, and true too - so you just push a bit more! This tour there was on average quicker than those on my 500's, you just get away with it (y)

These are KOVE 450 RALLY's being offloaded, there's a literal shedload of them there now.

Spares also.... man o man they've gone berserk, I actually think they've gone overboard - but, the petrol caps I lost in Namibia I got in an instant, so finally I can finish the servicing of my Rally after I rode it there - did I mention the awesome suspension of this bike?
'As if you're disconnected from the shit you go over' a friend of mine said when riding it, and true too - so you just push a bit more! This tour there was on average quicker than those on my 500's, you just get away with it (y)

Yep Bart - Really good suspension is fantastic. I know with Cone Valve one literally points and shoots and as you say it eats it up. I know the factory race bikes use Bos suspension but stock is Yu-an, pretty much unheard of but I think it is a direct WP or Showa carbon copy (I recall as strip down and comparison I saw a vid on).

If I could sell all my other bikes I would buy the Kove in a heartbeat. But nobody seems to want them.

Yep Bart - Really good suspension is fantastic. I know with Cone Valve one literally points and shoots and as you say it eats it up. I know the factory race bikes use Bos suspension but stock is Yu-an, pretty much unheard of but I think it is a direct WP or Showa carbon copy (I recall as strip down and comparison I saw a vid on).
The video I saw mentioned SHOWA. The same video also mentioned that they performed much better than the SHOWAs that they are copied form.

I think it is a direct WP or Showa carbon copy

It's Showa I think, identical except from the brand marked on the parts.
Our resident Fox mentioned that it could well be that they come out of the same (Chinese yes) factory but only the stuff going to Showa is marked as such .... which makes financial sense, don't kid yourself.
So, that leaves us with sterling suspension for a lesser price - I'm not complaining (y)

It's Showa I think, identical except from the brand marked on the parts.
Our resident Fox mentioned that it could well be that they come out of the same (Chinese yes) factory but only the stuff going to Showa is marked as such .... which makes financial sense, don't kid yourself.
So, that leaves us with sterling suspension for a lesser price - I'm not complaining (y)
Was there not also a thing of 48mm for the SHOWA and 49mm for the Yu-an?

Suspension must be good, the Showa on the CRF450L is praised as the best stock DS suspension of the showroom floor. Yes Yuan a copy of that

Nee in selfde terrain waar jy n Kove sal ry, nie KTM300 wereld nie

Ek se dit weer, die Kove 450 Rally is nie n enduro weapon nie (soos n 300) maar n Rally bike, hy soek spasie om sy bene te strek ..... en gee hom net dit, en jy as ryer strek jou smile dan tot jou ore! :giggle:

Ek se dit weer, die Kove 450 Rally is nie n enduro weapon nie maar n Rally bike, hy soek spasie om sy bene te strek ..... en gee hom net dit en jy as ryer strek jou smile tot jou ore! :giggle:
Ja nes n KTM 500 en 450, hy het my daai vibe gegee toe ek hom gery het maar krag soos n DRZ400 wat gesort is

Jy sal daai Suzie BAIE goed moet sort! :ROFLMAO:
Watse, Japanse natuurlik, turbo sal jy aanbeveel? 😋

And I also saw some farkles there as well today