My Kove 450 Rally February 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KOVE will indeed release such a sidecover with sightglass soon, they're currently busy testing their design.
The pics above show an aftermarket cover, not Kove's.
I'd be tempted to buy it if I didn't know Kove would bring one out themselves... so I'll wait for that one.

I am sure I saw a picture of the prototype oil inspection window 😑 😉

what-are-glass-noodles-4800942-step-01-d047b9b5d53b494eb88d3b6ab380af8e.jpg

Last edited:
The carbon belly pan closes this off very neatly, with vents of course, slots to let air through for cooling (y)
Sorry, no pic of this now... but look up a post, the pic of the bellypan as seen from the motor's side!
Found a pic...

View attachment 878615

Yeah, the carbon canister (a plastic cylinder with active carbon inside, which filters/neutralizes fuel vapours) plus all its rubber hoses was removed - for reason this system cannot play up and cause problems anymore, and any possible water ingress is, eh, impossible now 👌
I am late on this thread. Thanks Bart, for your enthusiasm!

Personally I will replace the carbon belly pan with a plastic skid plate if available. Carbon is brittle and cracks/breaks on impact.

I am late on this thread. Thanks Bart, for your enthusiasm!

Personally I will replace the carbon belly pan with a plastic skid plate if available. Carbon is brittle and cracks/breaks on impact.
Dis baie stil hier, lyk my Kove is soos Yamaha. Breek nooit so daar is nie veel on te bespreek 🤘

Yay.... and Nay.
Here's why.
I did Lesotho with it, a Wildwood trip, and as I'm the childish type still I'm easily lured into dicing a bit. Add a bit of onnosel too, and conclude with me - lees mooi nou - that I tried to wrestle this Desert Racer into an Enduro tool: ek kan mos so why not eh?
That worked, actually surprisingly well, but yeah, the carbon belly pan (note I didn't say skidplate) took strain there... and you're right with the cracking bit, I pierced it a few times actually. Some big rocks (one SO big it kicked the bike & me in the air) took turns to put damage on the bottom, and the (Lesotho-normal) smaller flying rocks caused some marks/scratches on the side. It's wide also, with a completely flat underside.
A skidplate (plastic, metal, meant for skidding over rocks & logs etc)) would be the solution you reckon - but I don't, at least not to replace the entire belly pan.
This is a bike perfectly suited for going fast over plains, sand, riverbeds, tracks, roads, hell, tarred roads even, and there the carbon pan works very well and is more than sufficient, plus light.
But, again, it is not a Roof tool. If you want to do that other bikes better suited for this spring to mind, and no surprise these all are a lot narrower under the engine.

Having said that though, the flat bottom of the carbon pan does suit itself for a piece of nylon or the like, and such may be what I'll mount - but will keep the pan as-is, for it looks good, does its intended job well, and the small tool-storage compartment is handy to have (y)

Last edited: