My new 990

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Some thinking, a salesman who's aware of a man's problems and a bit of luck - so I collected my new toy today. :lol: Was a bit sad to say goodbye to the 950, we had some real good times together.

It was good to take it out of the box and do the assembly myself (with some help from my big son and Rich's workshop assistant), friend Richard (Alfie Cox Racing PMB) was very helpful and did a great job in putting the deal together. Before I took it home, I swopped the Scorpions for TKC 80's (150W rear) and Michelin Enduro tubes. Also changed the gearing to 16/45, got the WP fork decals, a top box (HB type) and Akra pipes. Will fit the Akras at the 1000 km service and get the ignition map at the same time.

HPIM3404.jpg

HPIM3407.jpg

HPIM3410.jpg

HPIM3411.jpg

I have kept the following from the 950, which will also go on:
Emig top clamp and damper, HB crash bars, KTM pannier brackets, Touratech bash plate.

Noticed quite a lot of detail changes in addition to the "main" ones like FI.
- Much improved routing of wiring, cables and brake hoses around bars, front end and wheel.
- Floating brake discs
- Shape of plastics around exhaust behind motor
- Side stand switch better - will not get bashed so easy
- Tank protection at lower area - will work well with HB crashbars.

I have not done too much riding, will take her out on the road tomorrow . Quite exciting - watch this space....
:toothy8: