my new bike!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazy-eyes

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
not exactly...but it feels like it :lol:

i got me some grip!
and some more grunt at low speed!

this morning i purchased some continental TKC 80's from moskays (EXCELLENT service fitting them for me), along with some super thick enduro inner tubes. these tyres are simply amazing compared to the standard issue DS ones.
also on the cards wass a new 16 tooth sprocket (standard is 17).
after re-fitting the wheels, and struggling to fit the sprocket, but succeeding eventually, i took my baby for a spin.

:shock:

i cant believe how much of a difference a knobbly on the front (and the rear to a lesser extent) makes!!!
i was doing the tightest possible turns on some dry grass in a park nearby.
it tracks so well!
i would lean into a trun with my inside foot out "mx style"
the tyre just grips and grips and grips.
as for the sprocket - a huge difference there too!
anyway, while turning tight i would open the throttle and the back would step out in a controlled fashion. i have never felt this much in controll since i got the bike. i would then suddenly change direction and "flick" the bike over, then open her up and drift in the opposite direction.

if i had to try the above with the previous tyres and sprocket, the engine would initially make a labouring sound, then the rear wheel would spin and lose traction, whilst the front would slip on the dry grass ending up in me doing a face-plant.

the combination of knobblies and smaller sprocket makes this bike feel half the size and weight. it is so manueverable now.

1021.jpg

1024.jpg

1027.jpg