My ride report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
Saturday, 17 July. It started as a regular Saturday morning… nice and warm for this time of the year. I was woken up by my son to make him coco-pops and switch the pacifier (cartoon network) on for him. I was to join my mates for a little playtime on our bikes. I set off around 09:45 as we were to set off around 10:00am. So after quite a long wait (these mx guys have no sense of time) we eventually set off around 11:00.

I did not take too many pics cuz I was having WAY too much fun.
DSC07738.JPG

The terrain varied from wide dirt trails to single footpaths and even burned down grass with no footpaths. The only place stofdonkie did not go was this really muddy water crossing. I really did not feel Olympic enough to try and wrestle stofdonkie through the mud where all of the ktm’s had to be pushed through after being bogged down (it may have something to do with the 90kg plus riders J J)
I turned around at the muddy section to try and cross the “river” at a more rocky section I frequent on my Mountainbike.

DSC07739.JPG

DSC07740.JPG

That was where I lost the group of katooms, I thought they already passed as I had to double back on the route we took earlier but after wards I was told they tried to catch up with me, but I disappeared into the distance heheh.
DSC07741.JPG

I ended up at the mulderdrift hotel where we were supposed to have a beer, but I only received a phonecall to say they turned back and I should join them for a beer at home.

I made my way back as I came and when I got there an ice cold beer was waiting there for me.

Al in all I had a blast, I was REALLY impressed with stofdonkie’s capability and even more surprised with my technical capabilities. The bikes on the ride were:
2x KTM 450 exc’s
1xKTM200 2smoke
1xstofdonkie.

We went on to have supper after which my wife said we should maybe go to the hospital as she wants to make sure everything’s OK. The baby is only due on Friday 30 June, so I was not really worried. When we got to the Hospital and they checked her out, I was shocked when I was told the emergency C-section is in 30 minutes time (8pm). I crapped my pants.

At 8:20 my son was born, 2.9kg 10 fingers and toes everything ok.
Image151.jpg

Image152.jpg

What a RIDE!!!!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Awesome man, riding is arb stuff compared to this.

But the light 200 was kicking ass, admit it?

Congrats on the birth of your son. So what is his name and when will he start riding????

By the way, we seemed to have missed the invite for the Cigars and Champs!!!!!!!

Congrats dude.

The 200 is an awesome bike, the rider was not very capable though...he flipped it coming out of the mud when the powerband and traction kicked in... The guys riding the ktooms are new to riding their bikes...when they arrived... it looked like they bikes just arrved off the showroom floor ???

Congrats on the new addition to family :lol:

Hope he becomes a rider like his dad.

He's name is Evan, fun i havnt even had a beer since last week sturday when he was born... we will have a session soon enough...If i am not mistaken.. the cigars has to be supplied to me....not by me... :D

Congrats Grootseun, hope he'll give both you and the wife lots of happiness and pleasure.

Cheers
H

Grootseun said:
He's name is Evan, fun i havnt even had a beer since last week sturday when he was born... we will have a session soon enough...If i am not mistaken.. the cigars has to be supplied to me....not by me... :D

Hey boet jy het Stefan verkeerd gespel :D May your new son bring you alot of happiness and smiles in the future and congrats to the missus as well 8)

Just go to show you. More skills than you give yourselves credit for. Well done! That Dakar can go places. 8)

That son of yours looks sweet! Congrats once again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Even Stevens

Nice one Grootseun, once again, congrats on da boy. This is the best of all 8) 8) 8) 8)

congrats on the birth of your son, ou grote! did you actually go for a ride on 17 july 2006 :roll: ?

Eish.....what a wonderfull way to end a ride! Congrats may you all share a fantastic life together!!!

Grootseun said:
wino said:
congrats on the birth of your son, ou grote! did you actually go for a ride on 17 july 2006 :roll: ?

Yup.. i never expected it to turn out the way it did when we were planning it.

Hey GS, you seem to be not reading the date you posted 17 July 2006 (in the future) :lol:

Fantastic ride!!!

NOW please ride safe since you're a FATHER now!!!

All the best!