Need help starting a business and require money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoF5

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
I don't know how many of you are aware of the amount of DTI funding agencies that are in place to help smme's financially get their business's up and running and sustainable?
For those of you whom have a small business and require help as well those who may be retrenched and want to start a business, but may not have capital, well know there are places who can help and have been given millions by government to assist. Government funding is a result of govt understanding that they cannot address the unemployment crisis in this country by creating more govt jobs, hence they have realised the key to unlocking employment is the sustainable development of smme's.

In the business I am, I tend to work very closely with a few of these organisations and the ironic thing is a lot of them don't even get to spend their budgets or squander it on rubbish just to show spend! Problem I discovered is they don't look for candidates, but rather wait for people to come to them....
Know this for those naysayers out there, they fund all types and all colours and an interesting example of this, is just the other day I did a quotation for an individual to get the SABS mark of approval for biofuel, which was through one of these agencies and he is a white youngster and you know what....? He didn't want to pay his portion of R3500 odd rand to receive funding of R33k for free....
He is sitting in a scenario he can only make 25 000 litres per month due to no consumer confidence in his product and by law allowed to manufacture 50 000 litres per month and having the SABS mark would have elevated it to that very quickly and he may just have blown an opportunity in life to get money for free from a govt agency again.

Anyway just thought I'd throw this out there and let's hear the constructive comments seeing we all just want to get ahead in life?