Need help with electro magnetic switch on bench belt sander

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titanic

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I hope someone can please help me, because I was absent the day they taught these things. LOL
My bench top belt sander recently stopped working. I was pretty sure it was the capacitor, but I decided to check the switch as well and I managed to mess it up in the process.
Long story short, I bought a new capacitor and switch.
Installed and machine is working again, BUT only while I hold the green button. Now these switches seems "non-latching" or shall I say not mechanically latching and therefore  I think the "electro manget" in the name of the switch.

The old switch was 4 pin. New switch 5 pin. Currently the 5th pin is not connected.
I'm pretty sure if this pin is connected correctly the magnet will keep the switch latched until I press the stop button.

.....or can my problem be related to the wrong type of capacitor? I understand you get a  start and a run capacitor. I replaced mine with a run capacitor.
Both capacitor and switch was bought from ACDC and the guy that checked the samples seemed to know what he was talking about so I doubt the incorrect parts was supplied.

I'm attaching a picture of the schematic on the side of the switch which shows the 5th pin as A1 "U<". (not actual photo, using one I got on the internet"

Please can someone help me ?
Thank you.

Attachments

• 5pin switch.jpg
    5pin switch.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 97