New to WD. XR600R, TE610, XR250, TS125

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR600
Hi there.  Thought I'd "do the right thing" and make a newbie post.

My journey:

Stepped in to Honda and thought "Whoah, how would anyone get on one of those tall motorcycles!".

The lady noting my jaw drop enlisted me in a riding course in Harties.  Had an offroad lesson on a crf230 and was hooked.

Soon after purchased an XR250 Tornado.  Then a Transalp (700) for the road.  Sold both and got a 2014 DL650 for the road and an XR600R which I still ride for dual sporting.  Sold the DL and got a a KTM1190S for the road (one day might venture offroad with it, *maybe*).  (Meanwhile got a TS125 (looking to replace that with a DR200 (Four stroke = more low-revs trail friendly) and an XR100r for my small(er) kids, and got another XR250 Tornado for my son).

Ok, I love the XR600R but saw a Husky TE610 up for grabs and against some advice (spare parrts availability, etc) bought it (thinking my son will now ride the XR6 instead of the 250 and thus still allow me access to that in case the TE blows up :).  Gotta love the magic button, power for lights and usb, and the extra power and suspension. 

Ok, well, I'll make a separate post about the TE610 ... (looking for potential parts availability and such, did I do the right thing, etc...)

I basically like a bit of dual sporting, green laning, exploring, and just riding motorcycles in general ... haven't done it hardcore (month long trip over mountains, rivers, and such), but more occasional a couple hours of exploring type of thing ... and just riding in general on two wheels instead of four to get from point a to b.

Cheers!