Newbie Intro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fario

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Greetings Guys

I've been lurking around this site for a few weeks now and have been muchly entertained. Bought the bike (collecting it today as a matter of fact) and have dusted off my old helmet in anticipation. Cannot wait to embark on the DS adventure - like I did in my youth.

My moniker is Fario and I live in Blouberg. I have ridden and raced offroad motorcycles for 35 years, starting with a Yamaha mini-enduro at high school. I did the natural progression When I was young, strong and fit, I raced mx (both in CT and in JHB, courtesy of the SADF). As I got older (and larger :-[) I moved across to the enduro scene, where I raced initially and then faded to weekend rides at places like Atlantis, Blouberg, Melkbos and Macasser. I guess I'm ready for the adventure scene now as the body is a bit battered for the hardcore racing stuff. (The legacy of all those years has left me with a stuffed knee and back).

I am a mechanical engineer by profession and my other sports are windsurfing and flyfishing. My hobbies include having the odd "dop" and I can often be found at Doodles on a Thursday evening ;)

I'm looking forward to interacting with and learning from some of the colouful characters that inhabit this site.

C u on the trail.

Fario

Latest posts