Nice brekkie great roads and sore ass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoF5

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Hennie called me and decided he needs to ride as he managed to find (for once) a gap between putting people to sleep and waking them up from a theatre slumber and more importantly Yvonne wanted to try out riding with Hennie after about a 20yr absence. All it took was a hint and Brian, Marais, Hennie, Yvonne and myself met up at Engen.
Where to? Off for a brekkie in Steytlerville then via Willomore to Bavians and back home, long yes, ass sore definitely, worth it hell yeah!

Hennie & Yvonne kitting up. Hennie our local doctor who can give u that lekker white "bokmelk" that makes you sleep like youv'e never slept before. Nice to have him around if you come a cropper

sunday1aug022.jpg

Marais the wild hooligan man behind the bars of his trusty war scarred KTM (notice the missing indicator). For those of you who have ridden with him he drives it like he stole it!! Marai a great philosopher and excellent story teller!

sunday1aug023.jpg

Brian with his new GSA after he wrote the last one off on the Rallye Raide. Also drives with purpose, suppose it helps being a orthopedic surgeon.... get to fix your own bones.... and of course ours if we crash and burn!

sunday1aug024.jpg

Down Cape Road to Uitenhage...

sunday1aug025.jpg

Outside Uitenhage enroute to the R400 gravel highway

sunday1aug030.jpg

We were met with some lekker kaark mist which at times limited visability to walking pace

sunday1aug038.jpg

sunday1aug034.jpg

Finally cold and hungry brekkie in Steylerville

sunday1aug048.jpg

sunday1aug041.jpg

Brian excited about the lekker brekkie!

sunday1aug043.jpg

sunday1aug045.jpg

Then off to Bavians

Stopping for a rest break at the Willomore Baviaans intersection
Yvonne for not riding in almost 20yrs did exceptionally well even if she was a pillion

sunday1aug040.jpg

sunday1aug051.jpg

sunday1aug052.jpg

Group photo with Bernnie who also came following behind in his bakkie and Brian's and his own sons.

sunday1aug049.jpg

Then I stopped to tighten the friggin battery terminal that came loose (again) and noticed this....

sunday1aug053.jpg

Man these KTM rims are soft I don't even remember hitting anything that significant. So bad you could see the tube exposed and still had 132km to go through the kloof making forcing me to nurse my way though the Baviaans to prevent a blowout.

Into the Baviaans

sunday1aug054.jpg

Didn't stop thereafter with the rest and rode ahead as I needed to take it slow and couldn't afford to fall behind so ended not taking any other pics.

Overall a great day 580 odd kays sore ass but an excellent day.

Nice one bru'  :thumleft: Pity I couldn't join you guys!

Get some Excel rims ASAP!

J-dog said:

Just bought one yesterday from Autocycles R1900 having Davies relace it today!

TornadoF5 said:
J-dog said:

Bargain  :thumleft: Ready for a PINT sometime?

J-dog said:
TornadoF5 said:
J-dog said:

Bargain  :thumleft: Ready for a PINT sometime?
Anytime u ready bru, you just so unreliable! Nah serious give me a holler

OK I'll come over to your plek today. What time you get home?  :deal:

Lovely RR , excuse my eyes but what is that wierd water stuff in the first image that seems to be floating around the helmet .?

shanti said:
Lovely RR , excuse my eyes but what is that wierd water stuff in the first image that seems to be floating around the helmet .?
Haha! Yvonne has a little business to do with making of corporate gifts etc and if mem servers correctly I think those were crystal beads of sorts.

T F5 - you neglected to tell your audience that you get an UBER-smiley if you go in excess of 180 on dirt highways with standard rims.........

navigator said:
T F5 - you neglected to tell your audience that you get an UBER-smiley if you go in excess of 180 on dirt highways with standard rims.........
Rumours.......

navigator said:

That's the KTM "Smile factor!"  :biggrin:

Lekka RR boet.  Missed a cold one yesterday!