Nieu Bethesda snow run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustdevil

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
There is not much to say about this ride except that it was cold and slippery but absolutely stunning. It has been snowing in the mountains around Nieu Bethesda in the last week and we, my brother in law, Leon and myself decided we need to go and have a look. We missed the best snow as it melts real fast but there was more than enough around and the slippery roads guaranteed a thrilling ride.

The HPN is back in action again, remember the fall I had in May destroying the fairing, a few of my ribs and collarbone. The bike is awesome as usual and trailing behind Leon I could see how the back wheel of his G\S does the sideways thing a number of times getting my heart racing as I am about to hit the same spot in a moment. The longer chassis of the HPN just seems to trail much straighter through he same slippery stuff and for the few times the back did start to misbehave I was still perfectly in control just gently shifting my weight to the opposite foot-peg to slowly guide it back on track again.

We stopped in Nieu Bethesda for something to bite and I traced down a resident real estate agent, God what I would give for a small shack in this quiet and serene little village.

IMG_3240RR.jpg

The first snow on the way.

IMG_3253RR.jpg

Frozen pond, when we arrived the Egyptian geese were walking around on the surface.

IMG_3250RR.jpg

IMG_3260RR.jpg

IMG_3264RR.jpg

IMG_3270RR.jpg

IMG_3293RR.jpg

Kompasberg in the distance.
IMG_3281RR.jpg

IMG_3296RR.jpg

Nieu Bethesda

IMG_3301RR.jpg

IMG_3306RR.jpg

IMG_3307RR.jpg

IMG_3309RR.jpg

IMG_3317RR.jpg

IMG_3333RR.jpg

IMG_3361RR.jpg

IMG_3363RR.jpg

Famous owl house.

IMG_3346RR.jpg

IMG_3354RR.jpg

IMG_3358RR.jpg

IMG_3329RR.jpg

IMG_3367RR.jpg

Leaving town to go explore some more of the exquisite dirt tracks in the aria and find our way back to Middelburg.

SNAP  :biggrin: dis dam n mooi pad daai  :ricky: :thumleft:

Attachments

• DSC_0249 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0249 (Medium).JPG
    89.2 KB
  • DSC_0253 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0253 (Medium).JPG
    87.3 KB
Nice

Really a magic part of the world

I cant believe I've never even heard of this place  ??? Pics look stunning. It looks like HPN 540 is starting to look more and more like HPN 501  :mwink:

lekker lekker DD,

would love to go there with my little airhead.

Your HPN is still one of the coolest bikes on the forum!