Noobs ride in the mud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Mud glorious mud! At least the three Andy, Pote and Robin who Braved the wet weather and took to the mud roads out to  Riebeeckasteel were at least muddied but not blooddied.
Pote and I met at the Engen One stop at 8.30am. It appeared that the most of Cape Town was leaving on holiday as the tills rang a merry christmas tune. We finished a welcome cup of coffee and hit the Zoo road to Wellington.
The closer we got to Wellington the wetter it got but as we turned into Lady Loch Road, there was Andy all smiles and nogal with a rain jacket.
A quick stop and a short discussion on how snotty the Porcelain road would be was soon dispelled by Andy who in his normal cheerful way said: "Well  lets go and see."
Wet muddy but bearable and thanks to all the  stone on the uphills the road was an easy ride. Also learned from Andy about the stone porcelain kiln alongside the road.
On reaching Riebeeckasteel, breakfast was the first thing on the menu where we met Steven and as usual discussed all the going ons in the world across a myriad of subjects.
After breakfast we swept over the pass and then turned onto the Malmesbury gravel road, which also was wet in places but not nearly as slippery as we thought it would be.
The ride home from Malmesburyon the N7 is never pleasant but it nevertheless got us back in quick time.
Another great ride in the BOland.

We will just have to do it again. Maybe this Sunday if there are any takers who can bring cameras

Robin Brown said:
We will just have to do it again. Maybe this Sunday if there are any takers who can bring cameras
het vanoggend weer daar gaan ry maar vandag was dit baie warm en die pad het baie los grond op, gister was baie lekkerder gewees

I am definitely joining this club... after hardly any riding this year I am definitely a NOOB hope you guys had FUN FUN FUN :thumleft: