not so star crater star crater ride.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyTeNeReLess

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
after seeing a ride report on the star crater in Irene i got the track and got together with some dogs, met up at HSK's spot at 7am for a early start and headed out to the general area where my track was at. we had two SE 950s, 990 adventure, two XT 660's and a BMW and an aprillia with us.

3h95.jpg

did get many pics of the star crater but we eventually found the area after following some railway lines and roamed around, as i was warned they have built a concrete pallisade fence around the what i think was the actual crater. so dont think we got to the same place i saw in the RR

after mucking around in the general area on some nifty little MTB tracks smelling sulfur the whole time???? turns out smokes boney was over charging and melting his battery. here is the evidence, 1 ktm down.

jdc6.jpg

alot of this going on, picking a direction and going.

i6v0.jpg

yfxj.jpg

found an awesome little tunnel where I took the pic of the day. this is Ploegie...

ok9p.jpg

poor chick carrying he wood through didnt feel like today was her day.  :imaposer:

8x4u.jpg

0vev.jpg

our fearless SE leaders decided a short cut into a farm was required, i looked at the greeness of the vegetation and thought to myself there is water there but carried on anyway... MUD MUD MUD stuck stuck stuck.  :deal: long and short i put my bike down and helped Lynn get outta that crap, luckily to see her come back and return the favour and helping me get out the mess. cant teach that!  :pot:

8m87.jpg

gk3j.jpg

where you going?  :eek7:

5n0d.jpg

again where you going?  :eek7:

5n0d.jpg

found a lekker little koppie with some seriously loose rocks.  :drif: got some much needed techincalish riding done! even Whaleson on his BM did dome impressive new skills. some rocky wading went down, no offs.

j6qg.jpg

yzfa.jpg

good times! there is some more pics, to be added.

eventually ended up at Rafters for a few ales.

ehdy.jpg

haha I was waiting for it. but nothing... maybe ive turned a corner? went over a barbed wire fence and I was sure that was it!

A really good day of riding!  :ricky:

Sadly didn't get many pics in, but it was a great day out! Its a pity we didn't find the star crater, but it was certainly an adventure!

IMG-20130930-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20130930-WA0005.jpg

Rafters. Me and Ploegie

IMG-20130930-WA0004.jpg

HSK being his usual sweet self!  :imaposer:

IMG-20130930-WA0000.jpg

What a super nice day of riding.  Thanks everyone for making it such a fun and adventurous day.  Hopefully next time we get fewer fences and ditches, but then again, that's what true exploring is - just have to watch that we don't trespass ::)

And Lynn, I know you only meant well, can you please remove that silly pic of mine?  Ffs man :biggrin:

Hondsekierie said:
What a super nice day of riding.  Thanks everyone for making it such a fun and adventurous day.  Hopefully next time we get fewer fences and ditches, but then again, that's what true exploring is - just have to watch that we don't trespass ::)

And Lynn, I know you only meant well, can you please remove that silly pic of mine?  Ffs man :biggrin:

But you just look so cute!  :peepwall:

It really was a great day out and a great way to end the weekend :D

Could quite happily do that all and then some again  :thumleft:

Pistol said:
Very sweet pic HSK >:D

HSK makes such a pretty blonde girl  :peepwall:

Anyway!

Here are some more pics:

Myself fooling around while the others are fixing the ktm :p

akWjbBx.jpg

Stuck in the mud

1oghoM3.jpg

uGapBNd.jpg

MUST HAVE BEEN GREAT FUN  THE TUNNEL WORRIES ME THE BEER AT THE END INTERESTS ME GREATLY

GREAT PHOTO,S