oasis cederburg at last

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgg

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Piaggio (all models)
so everything was planned, myself, funtana(nico) and ex dog luther are going to take a saturday ride to oasis with Ex dog Karin a and my familiy in the bakkie.

Nice route worked out over skurfkop, along paleisheuwel to piekeniers kloof, Citrusdal towards ceres and then turn towards oasis.

Get to my first stop funtana on saturday with my family in a Mazda 323 in tow.

The plan to meet Luther in Trawal , move all to the bakkie and continue.

When funtana came out of his house in a short and slops I knew, something came acrop.

Was informed that Luther had to cancel.

my immediate reaction was " af fok man die lighty is so exited oor die naweek"  Ons moet maar plan maak en n pad ry wat die mazda ook kan doen.

Funtana het my so bietjie gekyk en se ok, hy ken een wat ok is. Maar ons drink eers n koffietjie.

So we had some coffee and funtana started packing. I sat outside had a few smokes and he comes out with saddles bags and a big bag, and a comment something along the lines, about he might as well have a trip through the Western Cape while he was at it. Ok.

At my insistance we loaded his kit in the mazda, sent the wife and damian on their way to clanwilliam and will meet at the garage.

He eventually got kitted up and we followed. At the garage his child drives past in a car so they have a small chat.

At last we are on our way , Honda in front, KLr second and Mazda following.

Through clanwilliam to the dirt road behind the dam. Here we stop, kit up damian so he can join me on the bike for a while. amanda has the camera in the mazda to take some photo,s. You know, some nice action stuff.

Now damain is only 6 and sitting behind me, his legs are still far from the pegs, so it is a case of holding onto me. The road surface is worn, there is traffic and i want to keep it slow , so that if something happens the the shit won,t be to bad.

We end up having to stop a few times as the mazda is not keeping up. We eventually get to algeria and I see funtana is getting agitated with the pace.

But amanda has a wee behind a bush and he relents, I was patient with him earlier, so he will be patient with my family outing. While waiting for him to finish his cooldrink a bmw 1200 whizzes past. nice guy he waves.

We saddle up and continue. Now the road gets some really bad patches so i stand every now and then. Everytime i sit I am on top of damain  as i have a step in my seat and he moves forward, so I have to gently sit on the tank and push him back . This carries on for a good while till I feel his helmet on my back.

He has fallen a sleep.

Funtana had by this time got behind me to wait for the mazda and give instructions on where to turn, while I was contemplating on the best course of action for the child that was asleep, we hit a really bad spot and I had no alternative but to quickly negotiate it before I stop.

Next I hear is "vinniger pappa", he woke up again  and was refreshed, The BMW passed me again and I thought WTF, did he get lost or something.

We hit oasis, a while later , disembark , there stands a lone 1200 and a gentleman sipping a windhoek draught, We greet, i get a beer and funtana starts talking.

I smoke.

Ask Amanda to see the photo,s. She murmurs something about, waar die fok moes ek nou tyd kry om foto,s te neem, julle bly ja my weg.

So this thread has no photo,s.

Heard the gentleman ask gerrit if tau or John Webb had booked , answer was no,I volunteered my reliable source of info that tau had said on Wd that him and his father were coming.

his simple answer was I am his father.

oh ok.

toe praat en kuier ons maar verder, sort ons tente uit tot die bikes begin inkom

At least you reached Oasis  :thumleft:
Always worried such a small child will fall off sitting behind the rider.
I only bought my first car (Mazda 323) when I turned 30. Wife was heavily pregnant and the bike had to go. :-\
Hope the ride was great  :thumleft:

The xr guys started arriving and they must have had a blast.

Had a early night and not to late up , asked around a bit about the roads and conditions and decided to take the road to ceres and back to citrusdal, apparently tar after the first 44.5 km nice dirt. so I eventually had amanda still eating breakfast and damian all ready.helmet and ready

took to  the road him all eager, and the road was nice, up and down , passes you could die for. them i heard him crying, i asked and all I got back was pappa ek kry koud.
so stopped and waited for my new 323 4x4.

Is jou seun so klein swartkoppie met 'n reuse glimlag?

Jirre Trev....pity about the pics!

Maybe one of those strappy things MetalJockey used on his trip or the handle type bike gear distributes?

Next time pop into Nuwerus as well  :thumleft:

Thought of those strappy things, but what happens if i stand

:imaposer: :imaposer:

Lekker RR . bly Chappie het dit baie geniet .  :biggrin:  En goed dat Nico die geduld gehad het .  :thumleft: wie het na Oliekol gekyk ?

En hehe oor Tau se pa . :thumleft:

Nice storie . Bly julle het lekker naweek gehad . :3some:

dipstick, het na hom self gekyk, hy is mos die waghond en moet die huis oppas.

damian het toe saam met amanda verder gery .

die teerpad na citrusdal was nogal interesant, die plaaslike gevolking is die pad vol en probeer almal n ding doem net die fiets, van vang tot klap. Gelukkig geen klip gooi nie.

The Mazda had got ahead , as Funtana and I stopped a while to say our farewells, he was going to Cape Town.

The tar road soon turned into a dirt road again , and not a good one at that. So i caught up to the mazda. Damain had a fever and really complaining. And true to custom the mazda aircon was not working and being in the aircon business I had not got around to fixing it.

It was getting hot.

I won,t be forgiven for that for a while.

The dirt road became interesting and fun with a nice mountain pass, full of loose gravel, Got a few bikes going in the opposite direction on the way up. Also passed a sign saying heavy vehicles go further at own risk.

At the top of the pass is a nice u bend then decent. Here I kakked myself, the edge is close and the fall steep. I sometimes get acrophobia and this was one of those times. I almost panicked and lost it. But kept to the severe right and looked ahead. Decided if anyone comes up they will keep left.

After a while I recovered and enjoyed the rest of the pass. I did however stop at the bottom at a nice river (I could not take a photo of) and have a warm windhoek lager.

The mazda then panicked because I had dissapeared and turned around to investigate. Most probably worried about the aircon that needed to be repaired.

From there it was tar again, and was i glad to see the sprawling metropolis of citrusdal on the next hill.

Took the tar road home as the heat was becoming uncomfortable and damian had consumed my water supply, only beer left.

When we got home damian complained about headaches and being hot and cold. Took him to the doctor, he had tonsilitis , after his tonsils were removed a few years ago. so that doctor has got a comeback.

Dipstick (oliekol) was very happy to see us and had guarded the house well

I have this weekend seen a part of this country that I have never seen before and those passes are spectacular, Next time in the winter with a camera in my bag and time.

people always joke that i do not ride far, but there is so much to see on my doorstep and so many roads to ride. When i have done them all i will take leave and venture further

I saw a KLR and a small kid running around with a big black helmet on.

tgg.. sorry, I did'nt get to greet

tgg said:
so everything was planned, myself, funtana(nico) and ex dog luther are going to take a saturday ride to oasis with Ex dog Karin a and my familiy in the bakkie.

Nice route worked out over skurfkop, along paleisheuwel to piekeniers kloof, Citrusdal towards ceres and then turn towards oasis.

Get to my first stop funtana on saturday with my family in a Mazda 323 in tow.

The plan to meet Luther in Trawal , move all to the bakkie and continue.

When funtana came out of his house in a short and slops I knew, something came acrop.

Was informed that Luther had to cancel.

my immediate reaction was " af fok man die lighty is so exited oor die naweek"  Ons moet maar plan maak en n pad ry wat die mazda ook kan doen.

Funtana het my so bietjie gekyk en se ok, hy ken een wat ok is. Maar ons drink eers n koffietjie.

So we had some coffee and funtana started packing. I sat outside had a few smokes and he comes out with saddles bags and a big bag, and a comment something along the lines, about he might as well have a trip through the Western Cape while he was at it. Ok.

At my insistance we loaded his kit in the mazda, sent the wife and damian on their way to clanwilliam and will meet at the garage.

He eventually got kitted up and we followed. At the garage his child drives past in a car so they have a small chat.

At last we are on our way , Honda in front, KLr second and Mazda following.

Through clanwilliam to the dirt road behind the dam. Here we stop, kit up damian so he can join me on the bike for a while. amanda has the camera in the mazda to take some photo,s. You know, some nice action stuff.

Now damain is only 6 and sitting behind me, his legs are still far from the pegs, so it is a case of holding onto me. The road surface is worn, there is traffic and i want to keep it slow , so that if something happens the the shit won,t be to bad.

We end up having to stop a few times as the mazda is not keeping up. We eventually get to algeria and I see funtana is getting agitated with the pace.

But amanda has a wee behind a bush and he relents, I was patient with him earlier, so he will be patient with my family outing. While waiting for him to finish his cooldrink a bmw 1200 whizzes past. nice guy he waves.

We saddle up and continue. Now the road gets some really bad patches so i stand every now and then. Everytime i sit I am on top of damain  as i have a step in my seat and he moves forward, so I have to gently sit on the tank and push him back . This carries on for a good while till I feel his helmet on my back.

He has fallen a sleep.

Funtana had by this time got behind me to wait for the mazda and give instructions on where to turn, while I was contemplating on the best course of action for the child that was asleep, we hit a really bad spot and I had no alternative but to quickly negotiate it before I stop.

Next I hear is "vinniger pappa", he woke up again  and was refreshed, The BMW passed me again and I thought WTF, did he get lost or something.

We hit oasis, a while later , disembark , there stands a lone 1200 and a gentleman sipping a windhoek draught, We greet, i get a beer and funtana starts talking.

I smoke.

Ask Amanda to see the photo,s. She murmurs something about, waar die fok moes ek nou tyd kry om foto,s te neem, julle bly ja my weg.

So this thread has no photo,s.

Heard the gentleman ask gerrit if tau or John Webb had booked , answer was no,I volunteered my reliable source of info that tau had said on Wd that him and his father were coming.

his simple answer was I am his father.

oh ok.

toe praat en kuier ons maar verder, sort ons tente uit tot die bikes begin inkom

kwaai ride!! Ek wil ook soontoe werk, mar kennie die pad lekker tot daar van Mosselbaai af nie, en die HP2 het nie baie plek vir verdwaal-petrol nie :) 

Ek was daar under cover met my bakkie.

Die honne ignoreer 'n ou soos 'n stopstraat as jy met een van daai opdaag!

Fuzzy Muzzy said:

arn,t you the guy that  hit the argus on the way, big tatto, left shoulder

Vettie said:

nee man vettie, almal praat met almal, behalwe as die rugby aan is, watse bakkie het jy gery

tgg said:
Vettie said:

nee man vettie, almal praat met almal, behalwe as die rugby aan is, watse bakkie het jy gery

Dit was my (erg gekrapte) Triton in die hoek langs die shack.

Ons het die posroete vroeër die dag gedoen en krapmerke versamel. So twee weke terug dit alleen met die motorfiets gedoen en moes eintlik van beter geweet het.

Dis net anders met 'n motorfiets.

tgg said:
Fuzzy Muzzy said:

arn,t you the guy that  hit the argus on the way, big tatto, left shoulder

Big Tribal tat left arm and shoulder yes but hit the Argus no, I was riding on the XR pigfest from Friday sunrise, the Argus was the last thing on my mind... next time  :thumleft:

Latest posts