Om-die-Magaliesberg 2008-07-13 (Sun) 08:30 Umfula Engen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
Unless I am blind (which is possible) I don't see anyone planning anything in Gauteng this weekend 12/13 July.

I can't go a whole weekend without a ride without getting no-bike-horries.

Must admit I am running out of ideas for new rides. Put this track together a while ago but never rode it.

Idea is to take the West Canal out as far West as possible, loop back over the Magaliesberg via Breed's (only gravel road over as far as I know) and then trundle along the foot of the mountains to somewhere like van Gaalens.

I have never ridden the magenta bits through the platinum mines and worker's villages so not sure what they are like. Also Google-Earth and Mapsource show some hillocks called "wonderkoppies" a little out North of the track and I wonder what the wonder is all about?

Can you get to them? Seems like a track to a quarry near the one koppie. Worth a look?

Track is 145Km - No more than 20Km of tar included so should be some time to explore a little

Anyone keen to try? I don't expect the roads to be at all technical. Suggest a slightly later start - bloody freezing until the sun gets up a bit - 08:30? 

Attachments

• CanalWBreedts_GE.jpg
    CanalWBreedts_GE.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 215