Oshoek to Josefsdal. The Wild Frontier.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacquesM

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TW200
We wanted to sleep over at Barberton on Friday, going there mostly on tar. The bigger bike on gravel is a handful for me, two up a lot more.

Saw the small piece (50km) of gravel against the Swaziland border and decided to give it a go.

We left the tar a couple of kms before Oshoek on the N17, at Hartbeeskop - heading north towards Bulembo.

It's a very nice road for the bikes we ride. I did have some nervous moments because of the steeper decents and the heavy bike. Some places letting it run against compression at not much more than 20km/h. We made it to the end where the gravel meets up with the tar road coming from Barberton.

On the way we were passed by a friendly guy on a 990, looking a lot more comfortable than me. He pulled off at the bridge going over the Komati river and we decided to stop and shake hands. Turns out to be Just Blip It! Nice meeting you Mark. Trust you travelled on safely.

Attachments

• Barberton 008R.jpg
    Barberton 008R.jpg
    52.6 KB
  • Barberton 013R.jpg
    Barberton 013R.jpg
    70.7 KB
  • Barberton 015R.jpg
    Barberton 015R.jpg
    61 KB
  • Barberton 026R.jpg
    Barberton 026R.jpg
    50.7 KB
  • Barberton 021R.jpg
    Barberton 021R.jpg
    63.8 KB
Some more

Attachments

• Barberton 031R.jpg
    Barberton 031R.jpg
    51 KB
  • Barberton 037R.jpg
    Barberton 037R.jpg
    55.1 KB
  • Barberton 046R.jpg
    Barberton 046R.jpg
    64.2 KB
  • Barberton 048R.jpg
    Barberton 048R.jpg
    56.3 KB
  • Barberton 120R.jpg
    Barberton 120R.jpg
    70.3 KB
The Barberton area has some of the coolest gravel twisty's in SA. En wie is jou nuwe maaitjie met die Katoompie J-- ::)

blazes said:
The Barberton area has some of the coolest gravel twisty's in SA. En wie is jou nuwe maaitjie met die Katoompie J-- ::)

Hey old toppie - read the story and do not just look at the pictas - it is Just Blip it who he met along the way.

Lekker place to ride that J and the bike looks good :thumleft:

Kykdaar said:
blazes said:

Hey old toppie - read the story and do not just look at the pictas - it is Just Blip it who he met along the way.

Lekker place to ride that J and the bike looks good :thumleft:

Jammer Kykdaar

Maar ek was weer besig om na die pics te Kyk-Kykdaar. My brille was nog langs my bed--- ::)

It was great to meet you Jacques. :thumleft:
I had a great ride into Swaziland, great gravel to travel. :ricky:
Bumped into the Tenere guys in SD, gate crashed their party for a while, great bunch of guys, I was the only one on a KTM, but they welcomed me, fed me a few beers, great hospitality!Met a few Dogs too! Thanks Guys. 8)