Parklands madness. Chasing the sand monster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.... ag nee fark! nou is ek moeg!
2... aaawwww cute!!!
3... yay! thanks scribble for the fantastic coffee!

Attachments

• DSCF1905.JPG
    DSCF1905.JPG
    166.2 KB
  • DSCF1907.JPG
    DSCF1907.JPG
    145.8 KB
  • DSCF1910.JPG
    DSCF1910.JPG
    150.1 KB
1... allllllllllllll byyyyyyyyyyyyyyy myyyyyyyyyyyyseeeeeeeeeeeelf!
2... and bored.....
3... never fear when nemo is near! LOL milddog subjected to nurse firecoast!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF1909.JPG
    DSCF1909.JPG
    161.6 KB
  • DSCF1912.JPG
    DSCF1912.JPG
    161.4 KB
  • DSCF1911.JPG
    DSCF1911.JPG
    163.4 KB
well deserved coffee and tea at doodles!

Attachments

• DSCF1914.JPG
    DSCF1914.JPG
    155.7 KB
MildDog said:
Today was awesome, especially when I beat etienne in a barrel race. Twice  :imaposer:

Then I watched him do a power slide for 2kms. That pit bike is a monster  :imaposer:

Thanks guys, really had fun!

Any piccies of that low side  >:D

Many thanks to Pleco for being the instigator and getting a lot of us onto sand  :thumleft:

I think one of the people that improved the most the quickest was Rynet, totally waxed it today  :thumleft:

Firecoast said:
i am totally happy i made this one, especially after archangel pillioned me on my own bike on the way to mellowjo!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEKKKKKK!
what a lovely morning, even if the xt and myself had to watch from afar.... green with envy...

How is your ancle doing Firecoast?? Hopefully well on the mend by now?. Just don't over-do things toooo much.

buzzlightyear said:
Many thanks to Pleco for being the instigator and getting a lot of us onto sand  :thumleft:

I think one of the people that improved the most the quickest was Rynet, totally waxed it today  :thumleft:
Thanks Buzzylightbear  :thumleft: Yes I can't actually believe that today I just rode the blerrie sand as Ettiene suggested.  Normally I freak out and switch off. Today I was a lot calmer and armed with a lot more information and options and it all just fell into place. Today I learnt how to pull away and to ride straight , and to stop without falling . I did a few gentle turns , but the sharp turns in that deep sand , still impossible.  Next time  :thumleft:

Thanks to Everyone who helped , Pleco, Shredder , Ettiene, ArchAngel etc , and also to Pleco's wife and Shredder's girfriend who helped pick me up twice that last stretch under the pylons.  I feel very very very proud of myself , lots still to learn but I did more than I thought I would . Pleco has a way of saying lets just go down this "little road "and then its rutted sandy weespoor  :laughing4:  >:D, but thanks for pushing me , I was grateful afterwards  :thumleft:

Grrrr.... said:
Are you peeps doing this again next week?
I think next week they are going to Atlantis  :ricky:  You going ?  :mwink:

MildDog said:
Today was awesome, especially when I beat etienne in a barrel race. Twice  :imaposer:

Then I watched him do a power slide for 2kms. That pit bike is a monster  :imaposer:

Thanks guys, really had fun!

heeey! Sabotaging my bike..and then racing me doesnt count! But yeah the tyre came off the rim, causing the bike to run sideways all the way, looked very cool.

That's the only time I will ever beat Etienne on a bike, so I will claim the win. Both of them.

At one point etienne was running alongside his bike in the sand. I was laughing so hard I couldn't ride properly!!!

Jolene also showed us that an F650GS can ride in the sand.

Thanks again for all the people that joined in.

I have never seen so many smiling faces in the sand.

I saw a lot of improving people there, sorry if I miss someone, but Rynet, 2Phat, Karoobossie en Scribble. Julle lot mag maar in die sand ry!  :thumleft:

Ons kon nie vir scribble uit die sand uit kry nie.

Buzz en Shredder het dit laat maklik lyk. Dankie vir Etienne en vir Arch vir die handjie bysit. Ongelukkig is ek nou eers klaar daar in die sandpit, maar julle ouens en vrouens het my nie meer nodig nie. Onthou net om al die tips aan te pass as daar enige sand newbs julle join.

Hier is so paar pics:
1. Rubicon se rug weer reg, en toe moet ek Land Rover Ry!
2. Waar gaan jy n mooier plek kry om te speel?
3. Buzz op Shredder se KTM. Shredder moes n tyre lever gaan haal om hom af te kry! :mwink:
4. Breather time.

Attachments

• DSC02922 (Large).JPG
    DSC02922 (Large).JPG
    93 KB
  • DSC02938 (Large).JPG
    DSC02938 (Large).JPG
    65.7 KB
  • DSC02968 (Large).JPG
    DSC02968 (Large).JPG
    140.8 KB
  • DSC02972 (Large).JPG
    DSC02972 (Large).JPG
    116 KB
Nog pics!

1. Jy wil WAT met my passenger pegs doen !!!!!  :mwink:
2. Jis hierdi topbox weeg n ton!
3. Hoeveel sand kan jy skuif?

Ek wou nog altyd weet hoe dit sal gaan met n pillion wat kan sand ry. Shredder was my baie unwilling helper.  :imaposer:

Daai was fun. Maar hy het net n perfekte reguit lyn gesny terug na my bike toe! Geen draaitjies nie.  :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC02987 (Large).JPG
    DSC02987 (Large).JPG
    143.4 KB
  • DSC02988 (Large).JPG
    DSC02988 (Large).JPG
    144.5 KB
  • Snapshot 1 (2011-03-13 06-27 PM).jpg
    Snapshot 1 (2011-03-13 06-27 PM).jpg
    54.2 KB
  • Snapshot 2 (2011-03-13 06-28 PM).jpg
    Snapshot 2 (2011-03-13 06-28 PM).jpg
    36 KB
  • Snapshot 3 (2011-03-13 06-29 PM).jpg
    Snapshot 3 (2011-03-13 06-29 PM).jpg
    33.7 KB
buzzlightyear said:
Any piccies of that low side  >:D

hahahaha... shhhh! only one or two people saw that. wow it was eina, low sliding on flat hard pack gravel. i still don't put enough weight on the outside peg, and only realised as my ass hit the gravel. someone had to represent the ARCS today.

MildDog said:
That's the only time I will ever beat Etienne on a bike, so I will claim the win. Both of them.

At one point etienne was running alongside his bike in the sand. I was laughing so hard I couldn't ride properly!!!

Jolene also showed us that an F650GS can ride in the sand.

I got video clips of you two clowns chasing each other in circles. And with Et running next to the bike!  :imaposer:

Yeah, thanks guys. Had a really awesome ride this morning. Pitty my lazy ass couldn't get out of bed earlier otherwise I would have liked to ride for longer. If you folks are going to atlantis the following weekend I won't say no  ;D . It was also a nice opportunity  to test the new forks out on the whoops and boy did they hold up well, nothing compared to the spongecake labeled ''suspension'' that the bike comes out with. Keep the pictures coming guys. See you all next weeek.