Paul's hanging up his helmet soon... Planing a "last" ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Calling all WD folks. My 82 year old Neighbour is about to hang up his helmet as he is getting on in years and can't swing his leg over the saddle anymore. I spoke to him recently and suggested we( my wife and a just couple of mates) ride with him up to granny Mouse on the R103 on the way to Nottingham road.  We would ride with him as he is now rather nervous to travel that distance on his own. It's about 15kms or so

So I am thinking why stop there. If he is going to hang his helmet up for good, then why not make an event out of it?? Have as many bikers as we can possibly get together and go for this one last ride with an awesome bloke!!

The idea would be to ride along with him, and not go screaming off down the road. That would come after if you so fancy!

Meet in Howick here in the KZN midlands around 10 in the morning and head out to Granny Mouse for coffee or brunch or whatever. After that, you can either get together for a ride or head home or whatever.

This is a rough plan at the mo, I have a few folks who are already keen.

So come on guys, a few hours of your time next Sunday morning to give this old fella a decent send off

What you lot think??