PE to Port Alfred info needed for next trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13475

Race Dog
Reaction score
Hi

Ek beplan my tweede GRONDPAD trip op Mpumalanga toe en wil die volgende weet.

Die pad van PE (I sleep here) tot by Port Alfred (must work here) aan die SUIDEKANT van die R72.  It looks as if this road pass through Addo and might not be 'solo friendly'.  Some sections looks a bit 'overgrown' on the 2004 Google Earth images.

Would it be better to select roads to the NORTH of the R72?.  I will leave PE early morning and must be in Port Alfred around lunch.  The next site to visit will be in East London early the next day. (Probably 2 days)

Van Oos London wil en via Bolo en Tsomo Mthata toe ry. (Het daardie pad so paar jaar gelede van Mthata tot EL gedoen) Moet in Mthata so 3/4 dag werk.

Just some stats:
Work trip, riding solo, maximum gravel, about 400km per day, sleep in guesthouses or with friends, 1200GS, will end up in Steelpoort (near Lydenburg Mpumalanga) for a week or so.  Will then plan the trip back.

Due to the risk of riding solo I will get a satellite phone for future trips. I am also making a few changes to my packing list and camera mounts.

You can read about my prev trip here. https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=149393.0

Adie
Laat ons stof maak

Attachments

• PE to Port Alfred Suid.JPG
    PE to Port Alfred Suid.JPG
    140.1 KB
  • C PE to Port Alfred 200.gpx
    112.7 KB