Photos - Dream Wilder!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dominic, you coming down with it to Setoot Weekend??
Just wanna hear that sexy Mama "broom broom".......fok dis nice!!!!

Yep, coming up hopefully - possibly via Sani and through Lesotho en route.

Also busy fitting some slightly lower Neken handlebars and proper handguards to replace the purely cosmetic OEM ones. I always find it satisfying to get the ergos right on a new bike.

Last edited:
I would love to put some bold graphics on that bike if it was mine , but its not ...;)

My only hope is that used DX prices plummet like other Ducati offerings, otherwise I’ll never own one …🫣

Post some pics of the 890 camshaft peekaboo (before polishing) 😉

I believe you could not hold your breath till 30 000km - can't blame you though.
I take it you didn’t like my comment about used Ducacti values? 🤔
Enjoy your bike Dom. Honestly wish I had one in my garage

Service from Ducati Centurion so far has been good. They just seem a bit full of nonsense (based on comments from the service department) when it comes to the fitting of accessories and warranty.

Run-in service was a bit pricey (R3k) but I think this is not far off Husqvarna / KTM. They said the 30k km desmo service should be between R12k - R15k but this is not only the valve check (which includes a new timing belt btw) but also inclusive of major service items - oil, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter, brake fluids, coolant, etc.
Those desmo service cost estimates always blow my mind. I've owned a testastretta motor for 17 years, and have done about 45k km. Desmo's have been done a couple of times. Belts are replaced every 2 years. Basically the bike only gets serviced every two years (never do enough km to need an earlier service).

I've never paid more than about R5.5k for full service (including oil change, filter changes, desmo's, belts etc). This done by the mechanic that has looked after my bike since new, and does many warranty services for Duc. Only non-oe parts fitted are the belts.

Guess the agents are ripping the ring out of it......

This done by the mechanic that has looked after my bike since new, and does many warranty services for Duc.

Who do you use?

Those desmo service cost estimates always blow my mind. I've owned a testastretta motor for 17 years, and have done about 45k km. Desmo's have been done a couple of times. Belts are replaced every 2 years. Basically the bike only gets serviced every two years (never do enough km to need an earlier service).

I've never paid more than about R5.5k for full service (including oil change, filter changes, desmo's, belts etc). This done by the mechanic that has looked after my bike since new, and does many warranty services for Duc. Only non-oe parts fitted are the belts.

Guess the agents are ripping the ring out of it......
Yea I think so too. Once out of warranty (and eventually the desmo service) I'll be taking it to Moto Uno in Midrand. I hear they are good.

Perfect, used him also when I owned my Hyper