Pimped my helmet - In the name of SAFETY!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skedonki

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Decided my standard black Airoh was a "safety hazard". Went and got some reflective vinyl sheeting (from a signs/numberplate maker), pinstriping for "zeffing" your car from Midas and a lot of patience.

First laid out design in masking tape. Once design was finalized, I added another layer of masking to strengthen and proceeded to remove the template from the helmet.

-405834433.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

Then stuck template onto old ADT board to cut out to have a nice rigid template. Then used ADT template to transfer to vinyl sheeting:
IMAG0047.jpg

Once vinyl sheet was cut, I took my box of patience and started to apply it to the helmet. The problem was sticking it without leaving bubbles or rimples around the turns whilst trying to keeep to the lines I drew with a pencil before I removed the masking tape.
Finally, after one or two tears in the sticker, the result:
IMAG0056.jpg

I still had to remove some bubbles with a needle. The rimples I tried to remove with some heat and rubbing, seemed to work. I used a small blow torch with a fitting to make heat without the flame.

Then came the pinstriping:
IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

I also had some yellow vinyl...
IMAG0086.jpg

(Pity I didn't have orange...  :pot:)

O yes, I forgot the safety part. It reflects!
-405834406.jpg

Please tell me what you think, even better, feel free to give some suggestions!

:ricky: