"PINK" Fugly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRUNT

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
As you all know the KLR A model, affectionatley known as "Fugly" came out in 3 colours........Red: these are the most reliable and don't use oil. Green: these are the fastest but have poor fuel consumption.(Dr.KLR and Groenie can confirm all these facts...we all know they wont lie! ;D) lastly the Black KLR, not as reliable as the red , not as fast as the green and tend to get more punctures. The only thing they all have in common is shitty suspension(Le cap will back me on this...and we all know he doesn't lie iether) The problem with the red fugly is that it has the lowest resale value and knowledgeable people like myself( OK make that cash strapped!) only buy red fuglies, only problem is they are not red but "PINK"!! and I think this is where the term 'Farkin Ugly' was abbreviated to Fugly. I have heard and read elsewhere, maybe even on this forum that this discolouration cannot be remedied, not even with a heat gun. I have found a method to restore the colour of pink KLR plastics to as new condition, but thats not all!! it costs almost nothing (You all know I don't lie iether...right?) Now follow these easy steps:
1. Befriend a BMW/KTM owner (or anyone else that gets shafted often)
2. Relieve him, or borrow his Vaseline (They always have some, don't let them tell you otherwise!)
3. Apply Vaseline to plastic panels with soft cloth or any conveniant old rag
4. Watch how the colour is magically restored!..even hides scratches

The whole operation should take about 10 min. Oh yes one more thing, use only the original yellowish snot coloured Vaseline, not the clear scented type that J-Dog uses, else you and your bike will smell gay.
You can all thank me later! :biggrin: