Planning a trip into Botswana, Zambia into Mozambique and home to Durban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
I got myself a MapStudio SOTHERN AFRICA road map and have been 'plotting' my trip. I have plotted through Botswana and into Zambia and and would appreciate some advice from any one who has done this trip. i have the following questions to start off with.
1.In the middle of Botswana there is a big game reserve called Central Kalahari Game Reserve. On my map it reads "Limited access is now allowed under permit". Does anyone know what the ruling here is and if and how to get a permit.
2.I plan on entering Zambia through Kazungula and then onto Livingstone. There is a dirt road that goes accross the northern side of Kariba right up to Churundu. The map shows that it does not come all the way to Livingstone but stops at Pokuma. Can one get from Livingstone to Pokuma without travelling on the main T1 road?

Any advice would be greatly apreciated, this is our first tour so any advice will be appreciated. 

Latest posts