Planning for Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnivore

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hullo to all,

I would like to ride through the southern part of Lesotho, after climbing Sani Pass. I have been inspired by 1NiteOwl to move my butt into gear and DO ITâ?¦ but a little bit of planning canâ??t hurt.
So, let me ask if anyone has knowledge of rideable trails in that area? There have been many Roof Of Africa rallies over the years and surely a lot of good trail kennis is out there. I want it!

This is a snippet from and InfoMap® which shows hiking trails and roads. I tried to geo-reference the map, using two points on the map. When opening in GPS trackmaker, and overlaying the Waypoints from InfoMaps® waypoint file, the map image was seriously displaced. I can therefore construe that scaling the hiking trails would not be good, as I could end up in the next-door valley � or over the edge of the great divide..

So, all ye who would eschew 4 wheels for a good F650â?¦ where are the trails? T4A and GoogleEarth have little detail in this southern area, so some wise words from the boys (and girls) would be very welcome.

LesothoRG.jpg