Please whelp- whats this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Kuun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
FFS, are there any farking competent "general" bike mechanics around? ? ? ? After my whole XJ550 issue I vowed never to use Stellenbosch Bikes again and thought I would try someone else. I took my Bashan Hawk 250 cheapie in to a certain Quad and Bike shop in Stikland for a service, carb clean and general run through. This was last year October. So I get the bike back end of Noverber and it has no brakes and the thing wont run if not choked, wont idle and backfires a lot. Take it back end of November and it was ready for collection about 3 weeks ago. I collect today and it doesn't go without choke, wont idle, backfires, and has a bunch of broken parts. BTW, they couldn't find a mirror either. This thing has now cost about 2 grand and is still not going. Fok ou, don't you test a thing after a service? How do you give a bike back that does not run?!?!?! Jislaaik I'm the hell-in.

So, fiddling around, I notice the below little tottie has broken off. block it and bike dies, don't block and bike revs moertoe. I am going to start fiddling myself now.

Carb+1.jpg