Pooratech Gen 1 indicator stalk fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke916

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
We own 2 Fugly's and both of them are starting to show their age . On both of them the rubber indicator stems have started to crack and break off and with no spares are available anymore I had to make a plan quickly as the cops started pulling us off. I found that if you remove the stalks from the bike and globe housing you can enlarge the holes where the wires pass through, I used a 6,5mm drill and drilled only the steel sections bigger. You are now able to press in a 1/4 inch copper tube ( used for refrigeration ) over the whole length of the stalk, cut to size and ream both ends. If the stalk is broken you can superglue the 2 pieces before pressing them together on the copper tube. The stalk is quite stiff after the fix but should still be able to give a bit if you bump into it. Most of the aftermarket indicators that I looked at have a too short metal shaft when going through the rear mount of the carrier and I prefer the Kawa ones