power Monkey Extreme: Absolutely worth it!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boer!

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I convinced my wife she loved me  :biggrin: and made her buy my a Power Monkey extreme for my birthday.

Man I love this little gadget.  It has 3 parts.
1.  Solar panel to recharge the unit in the field/bush/open road.  Some reports show that the panel takes quite some time to recharge the monkey.
2.  The monkey itself.  A small unit with a backup battrey source.  Basically you re charge the monkey to full power, and take it with you on your bike trip.  It recharges various electrical equipment through various attacments. It recharges my Blackberry about 7 times without having to recharge the monkey, and it recharges my samsung galaxy tab about 4 times.
3.  Electrical recharger. Looks similiar to a cell phone charger. This recharges the monkey when you have electricity at your stopover.

I find this little gadget perfect for my kind of riding and means i can go without electricity for about 14 days (or more I guess) without having to use the bike's battery to recharge camera, cellphone and tab.

I shopped around in RSA, ebay and amazon, and I ended up buying one in Centurion Mall @ R1650.  Online in some places I could get them for R1400 plus P&P.  Importing it through ebay would ve cost about the same.

Loving it!!   :thumleft: