PTA - Loskop - Dullstroom: The wife, Wildebees and me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin said:
After thepass it’s a long straight on dirt into Dullstroom. Here we passed 2 road bikers, riding their superbikes, kitted in racing gear (one guy with a white suit, white matching boots, white matching helmet), doing 15km/h slip sliding across the dirt! They looked so desperate for some grip.
I had a good lag flying past them doing 100!

I did a similar route to you on Sunday, just from Midrand. I passed you on the XR650L twice....I was toiling with my navigation. I make my way all the way from Midrand along railways to about 30km past Bronkhorstspruit which is where I turned North to Loskop dam.

Those okes on Superbikes were fixing a puncture about 10 minutes before you passed them. Not exactly the right tool for the job...  :(

Glad you enjoyed your ride.

Hey Blauth

Still wanted to stop and ask if you are a dawg! I wanted to match your speed but the missus wasn't too keen :D

When you go for a ride again let me know, I might join (alone this time)

Justin said:
Hey Blauth

Still wanted to stop and ask if you are a dawg! I wanted to match your speed but the missus wasn't too keen :D

En moenie van my dan vergeet nie  ;D

Lekker...bly jy geniet die nuwe scooter!  :thumleft:

Justin said:
Hey Blauth

Justin, sorry for the late response, been a little busy of late. I will let you know next time. My dad has self catering chalet's between Belfast and Dullstroom so I go there from time to time, not normally solo (a little dangerous) but I needed to spend some quality family time with my old man.

I came unstuck at one point in the ride. I had mapped a route next to Loskop dam but I didn't realize it was a reserve and you needed a permit. Will definitely organize that first next time. The riding looked spectacular.

Chat later and lekker bike man, I likes the tenere, had the XT660R but the tenere is a much better bike.