R1150GS Jump Start Mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
The 1150 GSA on most? models, has a jump start connector straight onto the starter I have always liked it but none of the basic GS's have it, then I saw the parts were available, but at a price so I obtained some from the UK cheaper..

Anyway first pic we have the basic starter layout, it lurks behind the cover on the LHS, 1 screw and its off, no worries for anyone to access....

You remove the large nut from the positive (DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY FIRST OR BE VERY CAREFUL) and attach the silver bracket shown in the second pic, this is not brain surgery :biggrin: insert a short bolt and goo it as shown, I used red rubber grease, then with bolt in place refit cover loosely :biggrin: then remove cover...

Now you now know where to drill, I used a 12mm wood spade, the bolt is 11mm nice clearance size 8)

Refit cover, bolt in the jump start lug and off to go  :biggrin: 45 minutes taking your time :biggrin:

Probably never use it, but a nice to have  :biggrin:

Attachments

• Cape Town 028s.jpg
    Cape Town 028s.jpg
    136.8 KB
  • Cape Town 035s.jpg
    Cape Town 035s.jpg
    131.4 KB
  • Cape Town 036s.jpg
    Cape Town 036s.jpg
    122.3 KB
  • Cape Town 037s.jpg